Military coup in Turkey.

And they were so close to EU membership. The Brexiters must have lied.

The official position of the British government was/is(?) to work to get Turkey into the EU. Turkey has a long way to go on that but the remain-campaigning-British-government shouldn' have mocked the idea of Turkey joining the EU while its official position was to get it in!

The Americans are already starting to worry about their air base,and even if their military should be in the country at all during a coup.

Martial Law has been announced in Turkey.

Internet shut down

Airports closed

Edited by chalga

The Americans are already starting to worry about their air base,and even if their military should be in the country at all during a coup.

Martial Law has been announced in Turkey.

Internet shut down

Airports closed

I've been thinking about this whilst I was having a shower (I do some of my best thinking there). Who has shut the airports? The net? Eregon that's who. This will be done and dusted by morning.

Meanwhile social media will be on one and the 24hr news networks will be in meltdown trying to find experts. "So Paul, you've come back from a fortnights holiday in turkey, did you see any warning of a possible coup?" "No, but they'd sold out of lilos" "Thanks Paul, that was Paul a call centre worker from Slough, just returned from turkey".

Calm down folks.