Can't tax or insure car on Sunday, can it be driven?

I know a driver who has not been insured, taxed or had any MOT on any of his cars for the last 4 years and he has never had a pull, ever.

With all the anpr cameras im assuming they are never in his name either and he changes them quite regularly.

Have you reported this driver ,if not do so .i once reported one of my neighbours ,told coppers what time he would be setting off what car it was etc , and they waited for him ,seized car off him once they stopped him

Many times, both online and in person and to no avail, never again will I report anyone for motoring offences after seeing the complete inactivity of the police regarding this matter.

---------- Post added 17-07-2016 at 23:04 ----------

With all the anpr cameras im assuming they are never in his name either and he changes them quite regularly.

Just checked on Askmid and DVLA car tax check and they are taking the urine, leave them to it thats what I say after seeing nothing happen with these idiots, I'll look after number one from now on.

My friend has just bought a car today and wants to drive it home to London.

Completed all the insurance forms online but they state you can only pay when you ring their office. But the office is closed on Sunday!!!

Also can't tax on Sunday.

Can the car be driven home?

What used to happen before the Internet and in the good old days if you bought a car on a Sunday and wanted to drive it home?

You can insure your car with immediate effect online. You also get free insurance from many dealers for a few days so you can sort your own insurance once you have the vehicle home. You can also Tax your vehicle online with immediate effect also.

Sounds like excuses to me all caused by your friend using this insurance company. Is it the cheapest one he/she could find? Tell them to try another insurance company.

Edited by Berberis

Many times, both online and in person and to no avail, never again will I report anyone for motoring offences after seeing the complete inactivity of the police regarding this matter.

---------- Post added 17-07-2016 at 23:04 ----------

Just checked on Askmid and DVLA car tax check and they are taking the urine, leave them to it thats what I say after seeing nothing happen with these idiots, I'll look after number one from now on.

It never made sense to me to stop issuing tax discs to be displayed in vehicles. In the good old days a traffic warden would look to see if cars had a valid tax disc, as well as a nosey neighbours and work colleagues.

It goes without saying if a car didn't have a valid tax disc, then most likely it wasn't insured or had a valid MOT certificate.

What used to happen before the Internet and in the good old days if you bought a car on a Sunday and wanted to drive it home?

You didn't buy anything on a Sunday, other than a morning paper and sweets / beer from the beer off when they opened at 7.

It sounds to me like its just a cheap old fashioned insurance company. I was with the brokers Chris Knott, but their office hours are like a banks. When I bought a car on a Saturday afternoon and their office closed at 11am I decided not to renew with them again.

It never made sense to me to stop issuing tax discs to be displayed in vehicles. In the good old days a traffic warden would look to see if cars had a valid tax disc, as well as a nosey neighbours and work colleagues.

It goes without saying if a car didn't have a valid tax disc, then most likely it wasn't insured or had a valid MOT certificate.

The Government lost money, due to not issuing paper tax discs.

• 2 weeks later...