BLM March in Sheffield 22/7/16

So, black lives matter are organising a rally next friday the 22/7/16. Now although the Sheffield Star is usually a bit lackluster in reporting the real news I was unaware that Sheffield had a police brutality problem towards the black community.

Black Lives Matter is now being called an terrorist organisation in the USA after the last weeks shootings. I see that more police have been killed again today. This is a movement that promotes death to police and segregation of blacks and whites. How anyone can support this movement is beyond me, it's a huge backwards step.

Yes I'm a straight white male so obviously i need to check my privilege.

So, black lives matter are organising a rally next friday the 22/7/16. Now although the Sheffield Star is usually a bit lackluster in reporting the real news I was unaware that Sheffield had a police brutality problem towards the black community.

Black Lives Matter is now being called an terrorist organisation in the USA after the last weeks shootings. I see that more police have been killed again today. This is a movement that promotes death to police and segregation of blacks and whites. How anyone can support this movement is beyond me, it's a huge backwards step.

The organisation are not responsible for the shooting of the police. I fully support them as they do not promote death to police or segregation of black and white people.

I don't think you need to check your privilege, rather the huge chip on your shoulder...

You haven't lived ;)

Black Lives Matter is now being called an terrorist organisation in the USA after the last weeks shootings. I see that more police have been killed again today. This is a movement that promotes death to police and segregation of blacks and whites.

I think you've been misinformed. The mainstream Black Lives Matter movement is not a terrorist organisation, it's a non-violent protest movement against bad policing against black folks in USA, campaigning for social justice and against violence; and they've condemned the recent killings of the police officers. Just because a couple of extremists (who claim they support black lives matter) have murdered some police officers doesn't make the mainstream movement a terrorist organisation.

In the same way that one extremist murdering MP Jo Cox doesn't make the Leave EU campaign a terrorist organisation.

I think you've been misinformed. The mainstream Black Lives Matter movement is not a terrorist organisation, it's a non-violent protest movement against bad policing against black folks in USA, campaigning for social justice and against violence; and they've condemned the recent killings of the police officers. Just because a couple of extremists (who claim they support black lives matter) have murdered some police officers doesn't make the mainstream movement a terrorist organisation.

In the same way that one extremist murdering MP Jo Cox doesn't make the Leave EU campaign a terrorist organisation.

Or a small percentage of ISIS nutters doesn't make all muslims terrorists.

Try convincing a worryingly large percentage of the population of that though.

Or a small percentage of ISIS nutters doesn't make all muslims terrorists.

Try convincing a worryingly large percentage of the population of that though.

Why would you compare BLM (misguided Internet people who would follow anything with a hash tag in front of it) with Islam?

If BLM published a central document that mandated the killing of police officers, would you still say it isn't a terrorist organisation?