Kelvin McKenzie do you think he's right?

Stop apologising for morons - the headscarf was worn precisely because she's a Muslim.

Yes, but it was the outward display of Islamic culture that was being commented on. Like wearing a Man United shirt on TV when talking about a lone Man United fan who had killed 90 odd people.

I don't have an issue with it, but I can understand that some people may.

Committed by a man who wasn't wearing religious clothing.

Should we ban white men from reporting rapes on the news?

Should black newsreaders have not been allowed to report Lee Rigby's murder because black men killed him?

Have a word with yourself, you're clutching at straws.

---------- Post added 18-07-2016 at 20:09 ----------

But it does need explaining, as it makes no sense.

And your playing the Race card again. Ive read every post in this thread and ive not seen one racist post.

And your playing the Race card again. Ive read every post in this thread and ive not seen one racist post.

I'm pointing out that complaining about a Muslim woman reporting a news story because the murderer was Muslim is as absurd as complaining about a black man reporting a news story featuring a black murderer. Crass stupidity of the first order.

You wouldn't see racism anywhere anyway. Unless you were on the receiving end.

Breivik was a terrorist too. I don't recall the 'powers that be' appeasing the thick-as-pig-poo brigade™ by keeping white male Christian newscasters off the air.

But I'm prepared to stand corrected, as always.

That's a very good point.

The Hijab doesn't interfere with Manji's duties as a journalist so why shouldn't she wear it?

And it is ironic that people are criticising Channel 4 for sending Ms Manji to cover the atrocity; in the past when there has been an atrocity committed by Muslims, the complaint is that Muslims are nowhere to be seen :rolleyes:

I agree with Kelvin McKenzie. They should have sent a reporter, who wasn't wearing a hijab to Nice to cover the murders which were committed by a Muslim terrorist.

You realise one of the first people killed by the truck was a muslim woman......wearing a hijab.

And she wasn't the only Muslim victim.