BT Are Robbing So & So's

Hi SF,

I would advise anyone with BT to check their bills this month.

I have a 12 month contract but my line rental has just increased by £2.50 and my broadband has increased by £2.00 per month.

Also, they are now charging £5.00 per month for BT Sport which was also free as part of my contract last year. I dont have BT TV....i use to just use the BT sport app.

The free BT sport was the main reason why i signed up for the contract.

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Hi SF,

I would advise anyone with BT to check their bills this month.

I have a 12 month contract but my line rental has just increased by £2.50 and my broadband has increased by £2.00 per month.

Also, they are now charging £5.00 per month for BT Sport which was also free as part of my contract last year. I dont have BT TV....i use to just use the BT sport app.

The free BT sport was the main reason why i signed up for the contract.

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

I think BT Sport1 is still free and you can opt just for that channel.

You can cancel but I think you are too late as you've waited for the bill instead of acting on the letter BT sent a few weeks ago.

Here's what Martin Lewis says

"Under regulator Ofcom's rules, those who've taken out a line rental, broadband or mobile contract from 23 January 2014 onwards can cancel their contract penalty-free if a provider ups its monthly prices mid-term and it didn't warn you about the rise when you bought the contract. And in fact, BT says it'll let you cancel penalty-free regardless of when you signed up.

To ensure you can leave penalty-free, you must let BT know you're leaving within 30 days of it giving you official notification of the price rises (which should arrive in the form of a letter). If you want to switch to another provider, you'll then have a 14-day notice period. If you just want to leave without switching to a new provider, your notice period will be 30 days."

Full article at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/phones/2016/04/bt-announces-steep-price-rises-for-home-phone-and-broadband--how-to-beat-the-hikes

You can cancel but I think you are too late as you've waited for the bill instead of acting on the letter BT sent a few weeks ago.

Here's what Martin Lewis says

"Under regulator Ofcom's rules, those who've taken out a line rental, broadband or mobile contract from 23 January 2014 onwards can cancel their contract penalty-free if a provider ups its monthly prices mid-term and it didn't warn you about the rise when you bought the contract. And in fact, BT says it'll let you cancel penalty-free regardless of when you signed up.

To ensure you can leave penalty-free, you must let BT know you're leaving within 30 days of it giving you official notification of the price rises (which should arrive in the form of a letter). If you want to switch to another provider, you'll then have a 14-day notice period. If you just want to leave without switching to a new provider, your notice period will be 30 days."

Full article at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/phones/2016/04/bt-announces-steep-price-rises-for-home-phone-and-broadband--how-to-beat-the-hikes

I opted for the paper free option and haven't recieved any letter from BT notifying me of any price changes to my account.

I call them tomorrow. Thanks for the the info.