Are Summer Riots to become an anual event in the UK?

it's a direct quote genius.

any evidence to back up your stereotype yet?

Like I said, the DM have a sound reputation for using facts (and quotes). They use a lot of interesting "quotes" when they're spouting their drivel about refugees and migrants.

I'm not sure what you mean about my stereotype... I'll annotate my original post for you:

"Nothing says 'Black Lives Matter' like carrying a knife and stabbing a police officer."

(Sarcasm. How does stabbing a police officer promote the idea that black lives matter?)

"More like 'Black Stereotypes True'."

(In stabbing people, the culprits have shot themselves in the foot and have further enforced negative/false stereotypes of black people. Therefore, they might as well have just been shouting "Black Stereotypes True")

"Great way to support the cause!"

(Sarcasm)

Did I really need to do that? I thought my point was quite obvious to all who can read English.

Edited by Revel

Like I said, the DM have a sound reputation for using facts (and quotes). They use a lot of interesting "quotes" when they're spouting their drivel about refugees and migrants.

I'm not sure what you mean about my stereotype... I'll annotate my original post for you:

"Nothing says 'Black Lives Matter' like carrying a knife and stabbing a police officer."

(Sarcasm. How does stabbing a police officer promote the idea that black lives matter?)

"More like 'Black Stereotypes True'."

(In stabbing people, the culprits have shot themselves in the foot and have further enforced negative/false stereotypes of black people. Therefore, they might as well have just been shouting "Black Stereotypes True")

"Great way to support the cause!"

(Sarcasm)

Did I really need to do that? I thought my point was quite obvious to all who can read English.

in this instance are you accusing the mail of misquoting the police? or removing the quote from context? why?

yes, you did need to explain it because more black people carry knives is not a stereotype i am familiar with. your post looked blatantly racist.

as i said (i can't read English apparently but nor can you) it wasn't even a black lives matter protest. it was a waterfight.

Edited by DanBUK

Or the Police can crack down fast and hard with rioters and nip the disorder in the bud by locking up the militant ringleaders .

Sure, we can live in a Police State if that's alright with you...

---------- Post added 20-07-2016 at 15:43 ----------

DO NOT EXCUSE CRIMINALITY!

Smashing up your neighbourhood is not an acceptable method of getting attention. Plus its predominantly perpetrated by criminals and thugs who do not care about the political elite but take the opportunity to commit crimes such as looting, criminal damage and arson.

Except when it's done by Politicians and rich people. Then it's OK....

I never said smashing up the neighbourhood was acceptable.

Sure, we can live in a Police State if that's alright with you...

---------- Post added 20-07-2016 at 15:43 ----------

Except when it's done by Politicians and rich people. Then it's OK....

I never said smashing up the neighbourhood was acceptable.

I made no mention of politicians or the rich so please do not try to confuse the conversation.

You are excusing people rioting on the pretext that if the government listened to them they would not riot. This is utter dross.

in this instance are you accusing the mail of misquoting the police? or removing the quote from context? why?

yes, you did need to explain it because more black people carry knives is not a stereotype i am familiar with. your post looked blatantly racist.

as i said (i can't read English apparently but nor can you) it wasn't even a black lives matter protest. it was a waterfight.

I seriously cannot be bothered to argue. I have much better things to do.

If my post appeared racist, then I apologise. It wasn't written with that intention - in fact quite the opposite.

I seriously cannot be bothered to argue. I have much better things to do.

If my post appeared racist, then I apologise. It wasn't written with that intention - in fact quite the opposite.

maybe it's just me that perceived it that way.

my only point is this wasn't a black lives matter protest, it was a waterfight. yes people chanted that but only when they perceived the police were being unfair.

i don't excuse the violence but to suggest this damages the Blm cause is unfair. that's not why they were there. they were having fun on a hot day, the police stopped them playing music and tried to disperse the crowd.

maybe it's just me that perceived it that way.

my only point is this wasn't a black lives matter protest, it was a waterfight. yes people chanted that but only when they perceived the police were being unfair.

i don't excuse the violence but to suggest this damages the Blm cause is unfair. that's not why they were there. they were having fun on a hot day, the police stopped them playing music and tried to disperse the crowd.

Yep, I completely agree.

I just don't think that resorting to stabbing a police officer helps promote Black Lives Matter. It does the opposite, which is isn't what we want. That's all I tried to convey in my original post - maybe I should have worded it differently.

:)

Yep, I completely agree.

I just don't think that resorting to stabbing a police officer helps promote Black Lives Matter. It does the opposite, which is isn't what we want. That's all I tried to convey in my original post - maybe I should have worded it differently.

:)

no it doesn't exactly promote it, you are right. im sure Blm organisers distance themselves and don't condone the violence or chanting their slogan when idiots are looting a McD or bottling police.

i don't think it's been reported if the attacker was even black. happy to be proven wrong.

Edited by DanBUK

I made no mention of politicians or the rich so please do not try to confuse the conversation.

You are excusing people rioting on the pretext that if the government listened to them they would not riot. This is utter dross.

They didn't riot after they got rid of Maggi's poll tax :hihi: