Free Entertainment this weekend @ FIRTH PARK WMC

Saturday 23rd Top Vocalist from Liverpool BENJAMIN GILLHAM

"Benjamin was born in Chester on the 22nd of June 1988, but studied in Wales at St Richard Gwyn Catholic High School, and at the age of 16 he was asked to join the National Youth Choir of Wales, where he developed his passion for both Musical Theatre and Opera. He frequently appeared on BBC Songs of Praise and BBC Radio 4’s Morning Worship.

While performing with The National Youth Choir, Benjamin had the opportunity to perform solo's alongside the Choir, while touring the UK and Europe. Also appearing alongside the likes of Bryn Terfel, and Katherine Jenkins.

After leaving school, Benjamin auditioned for various Conservatoires up and down the country but decided he would study Opera and Voice at the Birmingham Conservatoire with Gwion Thomas along with guest tutors from both English National Opera, and The Royal Opera House, including Jane Robinson and Stephen Barlow.

While studying, Benjamin won many awards including the St Clare Barfield Prize for Operatic Distinction, and was a finalist in the Mario Lanza Opera Prize amongst others.

Reviewed by Rosalinda Plowright MBE she said Benjamin had a "Dark and Dramatic tone, and was utterly captivating to watch."

Benjamin appeared in a World Premiere of the Opera 'Scoring a Century' in 2010 Produced by acclaimed composer David Blake, and Tony Award winning Director Keith Warner.

In 2011 Benjamin decided to head for a life upon the seas, joining the Thomson Island Escape Cruise Ship, as part of their Showteam, he was part of the team for 3 years, and worked up to be Production Manager, while on the ship, Benjamin has the opportunity to work with many visiting Cabaret Acts, and he developed the skills and showmanship, to make him the performer that you see today!! He now tours both the UK and Europe with his very own one man show." CHECK OUT HIS SHOWREEL

***********************************************************************************

Sunday 24th We welcome back a well known band back to the club THE BILLY BLACK BAND SEE BELOW

BILLY BLACK is a tremendously charismatic rock performer.

He has an amazing and unique voice. His soaring vocals create a truly electric atmosphere with a dynamic party rock set, which includes breathtaking versions of songs by Guns n Roses, AC/DC, Robert palmer, Bryan Adams, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Kings Of Leon, Journey, Scorpions, David Lee Roth, Poison, Bon Jovi, Foreigner, Led Zeppelin, Darkness, Toto, Whitesnake, Bad Company, Def Leppard, Ozzy Osborne and many more.

First class lighting, dynamic sound and a truly excellent live band make this One Unmissable Show! A Few reviews Below

1) "A terrific night enjoyed by all. Great Musicians and a superb show by Billy Black, a great front man ! Anita, Wolsingham Social Club

2) The Lancastrian Suite was delighted to host Billy's first live gig with his newly reformed band and WOW what a night!. With superb light and sound, this was truly an amazing show, our guests loved it!. Billy and the guys were a delight to work with. We can't wait for the next show. Thanks to Billy and the Dixon Agency" Rachel, Events Manager

3) "hi guys just wanted you to know that i watched the billy black band last night and thought they were awesome, rocks not really my thing but they had a big sound and superb show this is probably the best rock show i have ever seen"

4)"Was not expecting you guys at my staff party last night….so glad someone booked a proper band, anthem after anthem...class !! Jamie dorkin

5)"I hired the Billy Black band for my sisters hen party and they totally excelled all my expectations. They had the girls on their feet from the very first song. It was such an amazing night and they have given us great memories we can keep forever!! ... The Billy Black band is for every audience and I guarantee if you hire them you won't be disappointed" Emma Hufton, Immingham, NE Lincs

6)"Hi I attended a hen party the other weekend where Billy Black and his band were playing. I have to say they were fantastic, they energised the party and made the party fantastic. The band themselves seemed really nice people and whatever was thrown at them, dancing, singing etc, they took in great style. Brilliant, my best friend, who's party it was, will never forget it…"

7)"Fantastic gig last night at Haggerston Castle....and that's from someone who's not really into rock music XXXX

"you were awesome at Berwick last night. Absolutely over the moon when you came out. Much better than the usual take that tribute band.. Ha ha... Even the kids were loving it Amazing !! XX

8)"Hi Cliff...We had the Billy Black Band for our residents party. The band were polite, courteous and professional before the event, and on arrival. They set up and explained all they would do and ensured that this was in line with what we required. The feedback from those in attendance was excellent and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the evening - will definitely make the effort to see the band again and recommend them wholeheartedly.Thanks" Amanda, Seaton Vale Res Asctn

9)"Billy Black Band just Rocked the roof off the Buffs Middlesbrough. My first experience of the band and definitely not my last this is a band made up of 4 extremely talented men the lead guitarist is not human his playing is out of this world. Billy is amazing and the best Bon Jovi vocals I've heard since Bon Jovi himself. Hands down one of the best live band I've ever seen. Rock on boys I'll see you again"

10)"Just wanted to say you guys absolutely made my weekend...some great tunes and great musicians. You guys rock...thanks for a great night of entertainment, most definitely the best we have ever seen at Haggerston Castle...Nice to see some North East talent ha! X HAVE A LOOK AT THESE VIDEOS

LikeShow more reactionsCommentShare