UK tops 2015 list of EU terrorist attacks

apparently, very surprisingly Oo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36845647

EU law enforcement agency Europol said there were 211 attacks in 2015, the highest since records began in 2006.

Of those, the UK had the highest with 103 attacks, thought mostly to have been in Northern Ireland.

as for arrests, Jihadists were the highest

More than half of arrests in the EU - 687 - were "for jihadist terrorism".

Of these arrests, 94% were later found guilty in court.

In addition to the jihadist terrorism arrests, there were 67 for left-wing terror, 11 right-wing terror and 168 separatist. A further 144 arrests were unspecified.

and the worrying developments?

"The overall threat is reinforced by the substantial numbers of returned foreign terrorist fighters that many member states now have on their soil, and the significant rise in nationalist (xenophobic), racist and anti-Semitic sentiments across the EU, each resulting in acts of right-wing extremism."

quite an eye opener as i thought jihadists would be number 1 in all departments tbf

---------- Post added 20-07-2016 at 18:56 ----------

damn missed EU out of mi thread title :(

Quote:

In addition to the jihadist terrorism arrests, there were 67 for left-wing terror, 11 right-wing terror and 168 separatist. A further 144 arrests were unspecified.

Separatist? In the UK?

Is it the naughty Oirish again?

Or the Taffy's bombing our Welsh holiday homes?

Or the Scotch perpetrating cross-border raids into Newcastle?

Quote:

Separatist? In the UK?

Is it the naughty Oirish again?

Or the Taffy's bombing our Welsh holiday homes?

Or the Scotch perpetrating cross-border raids into Newcastle?

no that was further down the article, think it was the EU in general, itll be places like Spain i should imagine with the Basque seperatists etc

no that was further down the article, think it was the EU in general, itll be places like Spain i should imagine with the Basque seperatists etc

The Frisians (my sub-nation) have an ongoing football rivalry with Groningen (my team), after Groningen fans painted a statue in Heerenveen green the Heerenveen fans retaliated by painting a statue in Groningen in Frisian colours (quite skillfully, I have to admit).

This went to court as a separatist attack. I kid you not. Statistics, smashtistics! ;)

Oh that's a shame.

I was looking forward to reading stories about the Jocks crossing Hadrian's Wall and twoccing the Geordie's XR3's and GTis

Would make poetic justice that, after the "joyriding" craze of the late 1980s/early 1990s :hihi:

Whats the minimum quota for an incident to be called an attack?

I mean...does an act of racial vandalism in Northern Ireland make it into the same statistics as the Nice lorry driver?:huh:

no idea on your first point, as for your second i suppose it doesnt matter as such if youre on the recieving end, not nice and terrifying either way, obviously theres a scale

no idea on your first point, as for your second i suppose it doesnt matter as such if youre on the recieving end, not nice and terrifying either way, obviously theres a scale

Are you saying that there is no difference between being on the receiving end of some vandalism and being on the receiving end of a lorry in your face? Or have I misunderstood your point?