Cycling in St Malo

Off to St Malo in a couple of weeks for a week and stopping off at Jersey for a week on the way back. Can't make my mind up whether to take our bikes or not. Anyone any experience of cycling in / near St Malo? needs to be safe though and not main roads, thanks BD.

Off to St Malo in a couple of weeks for a week and stopping off at Jersey for a week on the way back. Can't make my mind up whether to take our bikes or not. Anyone any experience of cycling in / near St Malo? needs to be safe though and not main roads, thanks BD.

Away from the main roads the country lanes are quieter, but like all places there are locals driving like nutters. I don't think you could call it much different from the UK apart from perhaps better weather, better food and an increase in Gallicness.

If you go that way be sure to check the harbour out at Binic - lovely place.

I cycled out to Le Mont St Michel from St Malo then inland into Brittany.

Weather was windy (very) for us and yes the drivers are just as mad as ours but they do seem to appreciate cyclists more.

Villagers always keen to chat, especially if you at least attempt to use some french (sorry i dont know any Breton) before dropping back into English.

Plenty of encouraging cries of "allez allez" from the local cyclists as we came through fully laden with camping gear.

Enjoyed it no end.