Lets get engaged and save up.

Did you?

I mean did you ask her dad if you could have his daughters hand in marriage.

Did you get down on one knee as you offered the diamond sparkler from Rattners(£22) described as a load of crappp by their boss.

Then after dad has given blessing did you start the bottom drawer, you know a few towels , a cutlery set ( smuggled out of Richards, Viners or Simanco ) or a tea service from the club ( one and a tanner a week for thirty six weeks in the catalogue ).

If so then think of poor owd Pippa Middleton who has just been betrothed to hedge fund manager Jimmy Mathews , Pippa has had the indignity of her finger ring being worth only £250,000 ,

To top it all she will have to make do with his little terrace house in Chelsea worth only seventeen million quid and no parking space.

Jimmy made £1.5m on hedge fund (plus other odds and sods) but paid just £3,143 in in tax ,(Trica May will sort him out with her new support of the poor and underprivileged wont she:hihi:).

So how did your engagement go did you get the terrace down Darnall or the Cortina with go faster stripes that broke down half way to the Cleethorpes caravan honeymoon .

Did you live happy ever after as the ring doubled in value;).

Did you?

Did you get down on one knee as you offered the diamond sparkler from Rattners(£22) described as a load of crappp by their boss.

Then after dad has given blessing did you start the bottom drawer, you know a few towels , a cutlery set ( smuggled out of Richards, Viners or Simanco ) or a tea service from the club ( one and a tanner a week for thirty six weeks in the catalogue ).

If so then think of poor owd Pippa Middleton who has just been betrothed to hedge fund manager Jimmy Mathews , Pippa has had the indignity of her finger ring being worth only £250,000 ,

To top it all she will have to make do with his little terrace house in Chelsea worth only seventeen million quid and no parking space.

Jimmy made £1.5m on hedge fund (plus other odds and sods) but paid just £3,143 in in tax ,(Trica May will sort him out with her new support of the poor and underprivileged wont she:hihi:).

So how did your engagement go did you get the terrace down Darnall or the Cortina with go faster stripes that broke down half way to the Cleethorpes caravan honeymoon .

You'd have thought with all his wealth he could've bagged himsen an half decent bit of crumpet.

My other half took me away for my 30th birthday and proposed to me which came as a complete shock as we'd never really discussed marriage before.

Once I'd got over the initial shock and said yes the first question I asked him was if he'd asked my dad, and he'd asked my parents the month before and had his grandmothers ring with him so that he actually had something to propose with, but he said he knew I'd want to choose my own engagement ring.

Since then we've booked the wedding and have paid all deposits for cake, venue, cars etc ourselves and have a separate account that we put money into every week to pay for things along the way.

We know where we want to go on honeymoon but aren't going straight after the wedding as its too hot in June so we're going in October instead.

My parents keep offering to pay for things but we insist it's our wedding so we should pay for it.

My other half took me away for my 30th birthday and proposed to me which came as a complete shock as we'd never really discussed marriage before.

Once I'd got over the initial shock and said yes the first question I asked him was if he'd asked my dad, and he'd asked my parents the month before and had his grandmothers ring with him so that he actually had something to propose with, but he said he knew I'd want to choose my own engagement ring.

Since then we've booked the wedding and have paid all deposits for cake, venue, cars etc ourselves and have a separate account that we put money into every week to pay for things along the way.

We know where we want to go on honeymoon but aren't going straight after the wedding as its too hot in June so we're going in October instead.

My parents keep offering to pay for things but we insist it's our wedding so we should pay for it.

Congrats! You are right not to let your parents pay in my view, time to stand on your own feet ;)

Did you?

An engagement ring should cost about two months wages, which means based on your figures, the future husband has spent the correct amount on the ring. If he bought the ring new and paid retail, then it will have to be a very long marriage for the ring to double in value :suspect:

You sound like a good team :love:.