Attempted robbery/mugging 23/07/2016

Come out and live in the sticks, walk where you want, any time you want without any problems. Muggings and robbery, never seen any out here in my 66 years.

Angel1.

Well, I live close to Bramall Lane, fairly regularly wander the streets on my own after dark and have never had the slightest problem.

This news is unsettling, so please do be vigilant everyone. However, let's also remember that Sheffield is a safe city, so hopefully these are just a couple of isolated incidents.

I like walking on my own around the city , so it's unlikely I'll stop doing so; I will be careful though.

S

S35 is a large area, I wouldn't class High Green as 'out in the sticks'.

S35 covers Oughtibridge, Grenoside and Ecclesfield in the south and goes north to Chapeltown, Burncross and High Green. After that it takes in parts of Barnsley.

I can't think of a part of Sheffield S35 that is more out in the sticks than High Green. It borders on Barnsley. Maybe you could tell us which part of Sheffield S35 is more out in the sticks than High Green.

S35 covers Oughtibridge, Grenoside and Ecclesfield in the south and goes north to Chapeltown, Burncross and High Green. After that it takes in parts of Barnsley.

I can't think of a part of Sheffield S35 that is more out in the sticks than High Green. It borders on Barnsley. Maybe you could tell us which part of Sheffield S35 is more out in the sticks than High Green.

Wortley, Thurgoland, Crane Moor and Green Moor to name four, miles further into the sticks than High Green.

Angel1.

You just bet me to that. Although I usually get mixed up if wortley is in barnsley or rotherham.

How much did I bet you and what do you owe me? Thorpe Hesley and Harley are Rotherham. I don't think Rotherham comes west of the M1 up that end.