Victoria Quays Car Park

A note to warn other drivers using the car park which is at the side of the Hilton and backs onto Victoria Quays. Parked my car there on Saturday and came back to find it had been keyed all over by some lowlife. They've written on it so no chance it has been an accident.

There seems to be lots of problems in the area at the moment, I am told that there are people sleeping in a car inside the car park and there are often homeless people sleeping in the car park. I work closeby and this week there has been a young gang trying to get into the bike shed on more than one occasion.

There was no one around for me to report the incident to on Saturday so I have been and spoken to the gent that works there and as I expected to be was fobbed off with the "there are signs up saying to park at your own risk" excuse!". There is no cctv in the car park either. So looks like there is nothing that can be done about it, just wanted to put it out there for others to be extra vigilant and avoid if you can would be my advice!

Pretty sure that I haven't upset anyone thank you!

Another car stolen from there over the weekend, the guy was reporting it as I was there to get details of car park owner.

Park at your own risk!

---------- Post added 26-07-2016 at 11:10 ----------

It really is a state, needles and condoms on the stairwells, drug users openly injecting in there.

Over the Christmas period there were two people sleeping rough in there who had made up there own makeshift beds and still nothing was done.

Police need to do something about it because the owners are not interested at all.

Pretty sure that I haven't upset anyone thank you!

Another car stolen from there over the weekend, the guy was reporting it as I was there to get details of car park owner.

Park at your own risk!

---------- Post added 26-07-2016 at 11:10 ----------

It really is a state, needles and condoms on the stairwells, drug users openly injecting in there.

Over the Christmas period there were two people sleeping rough in there who had made up there own makeshift beds and still nothing was done.

Police need to do something about it because the owners are not interested at all.

I'm sure that this car park has ultraviolet lighting to prevent drug users shooting up (harder to see the veins). But I suppose this does not stop them shooting up elsewhere and dumping their used needles in the car park... scum.

My wife used to work near there and the firm give her a rape alarm just in case she ever had to park in there. They really should make it more secure like some of the car parks in town.

My wife used to work near there and the firm give her a rape alarm just in case she ever had to park in there. They really should make it more secure like some of the car parks in town.

As someone who has to park there myself I would agree.

Big problem is that its daily rate is 1/4 of the average charge for the other city car parks. It would be lovely if it had to cameras, shutters, security doors and nice shiny lifts just like the Q park across the road but would people (including myself) be prepared to up their daily rate from £3 to £12 a day?

Big problem is that its daily rate is 1/4 of the average charge for the other city car parks. It would be lovely if it had to cameras, shutters, security doors and nice shiny lifts just like the Q park across the road but would people (including myself) be prepared to up their daily rate from £3 to £12 a day?

£60 a month to park in the Holiday Inn Car park which includes Gym membership. And if several of you from the same company park there you may be able to negotiate a corporate discount as we did

I appreciate it's a massive outlay in one go (luckily done for me through my company) but QPark have very reasonable season tickets. £1200 a year gets you 24/7 access to Rockingham Street for example, and I suspect their other season tickets (office hours only for example) are a lot cheaper. £1200 a year, based on 240 working days a year, is only a fiver a day, and you effectively then get weekend parking free.

Plus QParks are much cleaner and far more safe.

Edit to add £1150 a year or £300 a quarter at Castlegate, on 5 days a week. £100 more every quarter.

Edited by Andy1976

It does have ultraviolet lighting on the stairwells but they have been locked for over a year now as they were being used as a public toilet.

I am told by the guy that works there that they cannot install CCTV because of the structure of the car park; the ceilings would become too low and that they have been quoted £72,000 for a standard security system but the owners will not pay out for it. Its always full during the week so you would think that's a wise investment to keep the car park busy and customers safer but they are not legally required to provide CCTV.

Tram for myself from now on, it's just not worth the risk!