To the motorcyclist on the A57 who made the obscene gesture @ 1710

I've never noticed it as a hazard.

But then I'm vaguely sensible.

You don't think pedestrians weaving through stationary traffic, as they do, couldn't get hit side on by a filtering motorbiker?

I've never been hit by one. But I have had a door opened on to me by someone whilst perambulating.

Clearly therefore car drivers are far more dangerous than anyone else on the roads and you should stop driving immediately.

Police and paramedics fair enough, but the general population shouldn't be able to jump the queue/push in to the front. That what "filtering" basically is.

It's only jumping the queue if they take your space ahead and thus cause you delay. It's not like the biker is going to hold you up is it? The whole point of having two wheels (motorized or not) is that they reduce congestion. If bikers have to sit in the queue with you they may as well get a car and then you're going to take hell of a lot longer to get home.

You don't think pedestrians weaving through stationary traffic, as they do, couldn't get hit side on by a filtering motorbiker?

You can be damn sure that bikers will be looking for pedestrians crossing the road. You are trying to justify your stance now by saying that your actions are protecting pedestrians in some way, which is laughable. You would be better served focusing on the prevalent conditions rather than trying to self police the roads from a position of ignorance.

Message from the motorcyclist with the orange helmet

Message reads....."shove off"

Given the level off maturity that he displayed, that wouldn't surprise me...I really don't understand the aggressive posturing and driving / riding off stuff - most motorcyclists are happy to give a nod to other folks on two wheels...

---------- Post added 26-07-2016 at 16:10 ----------

Message from the motorcyclist with the orange helmet

Message reads....."shove off"

Just had a look at your contribution to ther forum...you should be on stage...

No it doesn't.

You beat me to that reply, yesterday i saw a cyclist on penistone road cycling on the pedestrian footpath with the brand new Bus and cycle lane virtually empty. He really deserved a ticket.

The way Sheffield council has gone about the cycle lanes (other councils may be as bad or worst it still doesn't mean we have to be) is a lot too blame, the confusion its created with the mixed use mean lots of people think it is now legal to cycle on a footpath. Unless its a designated cycle lane its still illegal. Ok a little in exceptional circumstances not a problem but when you get ignorant sods like one on Hillsborough corner once telling people to get out of his way forcing an elderly lady onto the road with the traffic then some education and enforcement is definitely required.

Why should they when there's no need?

The fact they're on a motorbike, so are able, and this is acceptable under the Highway code!

Yeah, because more congestion helps.

---------- Post added 26-07-2016 at 12:53 ----------

Why should they when there is no need to do so? Filtering is perfectly legal.

Are you one of these who refuses to give way at "merge in turn" lane narrowing?

Magilla might not be but I am. It infuriates me. Get in line. I don't give a monkeys if it's a merge in turn. Why do they think we've been queuing for