To the motorcyclist on the A57 who made the obscene gesture @ 1710

Does the highway code say you can?

---------- Post added 26-07-2016 at 13:05 ----------

Why should they when the laws we've created specifically say that they don't have to? :roll:

I know what the law says, the law isn't in question. I'm picking the bones out of it and questioning the merits of it.

---------- Post added 26-07-2016 at 13:13 ----------

Here we go. This is about selfishness and and unreasonable sense of entitlement.

From the motorcyclists, rather!

If I had to brake the speed limit to overtake then I wouldn't overtake.

Nobody mentioned speeding. But you didn't like people jumping the queue. So you presumably sit happily behind tractors, you wouldn't want to offend them by getting somewhere faster after-all.

---------- Post added 26-07-2016 at 13:14 ----------

From the motorcyclists, rather!

Quite clearly from you.

People think you're trolling, but I actually think that you really believe you're correct and that for some reason nobody should be allowed to make progress quicker than you do.

I know what the law says, the law isn't in question. I'm picking the bones out of it and questioning the merits of it.

If you go to the supermarket and decide not to buy anything, do you filter past those queueing to pay, or do you wait your turn behind them?

If you go to the supermarket and decide not to buy anything, do you filter past those queueing to pay, or do you wait your turn behind them?

If he's at the till does he try and block the exit so others can't get out before him?

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

You with the orange helmet - perhaps you'd like to PM me and explain your reasons for what appeared to be an unprovoked gesture? I would have happily discussed your reasons with you in the layby, but I suspect making gestures and then riding away is more your style.

Message from the motorcyclist with the orange helmet

Message reads....."shove off"

If I was driving down pennsitone road and for some random reason the cars in both lanes in front of me were wide apart, those in the left lane were positioned far over to the left and those in the right lane positioned far over to the right, leaving a gap wide enough for me to drive through right to the front of the queue; could I go for it? and if not, why not? I can physically get through so what's the problem?

Does the highway code say you can?

Nobody mentioned speeding. But you didn't like people jumping the queue. So you presumably sit happily behind tractors, you wouldn't want to offend them by getting somewhere faster after-all

A better comparison would be with a cyclists. I'm sure Alan is quite happy to use lane 1.5 when overtaking them.

A better comparison would be with a cyclists. I'm sure Alan is quite happy to use lane 1.5 when overtaking them.

I only pass a cyclist if the opposite lane is clear.

I'm just lost, you can't cross or straddle them, but you did cross them and overtake someone?

or there was room to overtake without crossing the line (wide road)?

Room to overtake without having to cross them. Quite often the case.

---------- Post added 26-07-2016 at 13:52 ----------

I only pass a cyclist if the opposite lane is clear.

That's queuejumping. how dare you. You should wait behind him. You are no better than a filtering motorbiker.