To the motorcyclist on the A57 who made the obscene gesture @ 1710

Does the highway code say you can?

No it doesn't, but why not? if a car can physically get through why shouldn't it be allowed to?

If I was driving down pennsitone road and for some random reason the cars in both lanes in front of me were wide apart, those in the left lane were positioned far over to the left and those in the right lane positioned far over to the right, leaving a gap wide enough for me to drive through right to the front of the queue; could I go for it? and if not, why not? I can physically get through so what's the problem?

The highway code doesn't answer that question (nor does it say that motorbikes can filter actually)

Would you be driving with due care and consideration for other road users if you did so?

Would a motorbike be doing so? Please note that the reasonableness test is that of the man on the Clapham omnibus, not some irate forum user whose trolling for a reaction.

That's queuejumping. how dare you. You should wait behind him. You are no better than a filtering motorbiker.

Its not the same thing at all and you know it.

Its not the same thing at all and you know it.

Yes it is. You've decided to go round something slower and in your way.

Why shouldn't a cyclist do the same at the lights? Why shouldn't a motorbike do the same on the highway? Are you really begrudging them because of their slimness? Have you fattist issues?

Yes it is. You've decided to go round something slower and in your way.

That's because its going much much slower than the speed limit and it would be silly to stay behind it.

The issue is staying in file with the flow of traffic, and I don't see no good reason why motorcyclists shouldn't have to. When they're filtering its causing another potential hazard for other road uses to watch out for, even pedestrians that may be crossing the road while traffic is stationary, they may get hit by a filtering motorcyclist.

The issue is staying in file with the flow of traffic, and I don't see no good reason why motorcyclists shouldn't have to. When they're filtering its causing another potential hazard for other road uses to watch out for, even pedestrians that may be crossing the road while traffic is stationary, they may get hit by a filtering motorcyclist.

That noise you can hear is the bottom of the barrel being scraped.

That noise you can hear is the bottom of the barrel being scraped.

As pedestrians we've all crossed the road when traffic is stationary and filtering motorbikes going through the middle is a hazard.