To the motorcyclist on the A57 who made the obscene gesture @ 1710

Why can't motorcyclists stay in file with all other traffic? what gives them the right filter down the middle? just because they physically can, doesn't mean they should.

You really are a sad piece of work Alan. The long and the short of it is that you're one of those emotionally damaged people who just can't bear to see someone else get something that they can't have.

You could get help.

You really are a sad piece of work Alan. The long and the short of it is that you're one of those emotionally damaged people who just can't bear to see someone else get something that they can't have.

You could get help.

I don't really go around actively obstructing motorcyclists but if I'm in two lane traffic and I notice that I'm in the way of one that is trying to make their way down the middle, I'm inclined to not move myself out of the way.

As I'm positioned correctly in the lane, not crossing or straddling any painted line, I don't view myself as being "in the way" anyway.

This tells you something about the mentality of many motorcyclists, they want and expect a lane within a lane, or to ride ON the painted white lines in the middle of the road that are there for a reason.

Edited by Guest

I don't really go around actively obstructing motorcyclists but if I'm in two lane traffic and I notice that I'm in the way of one that is trying to make their way down the middle, I'm inclined to not move myself out of the way.

As I'm positioned correctly in the lane, not crossing or straddling any painted line, I don't view myself as being "in the way" anyway.

This tells you something about the mentality of many cyclists, they want and expect a lane within a lane, or to ride ON the broken white lines that are there for a reason.

Deliberately positioning myself in the road so as to prevent motorcyclists "filtering" down the middle of the traffic is what causes them to gesticulate at me.

So, which one is it?

Sometimes car drivers do this to me when I'm on two wheels, but for some strange reason noone ever does it if I'm following a police motorcycle :cool:

I was once in a queue coming down Netherthorpe Road and the car behind me deliberately obstructed a filtering motorcycle. Unfortunately for him he missed the fact it was a Police bike - when I lost them in the mirror they were still halfway up the hill having a "discussion". So keep it up Alan, but just make sure you don't let a copper see you, 'cos I suspect you too might be having a wee chat about driving with due care and attention.

Deliberately positioning myself in the road so as to prevent motorcyclists "filtering" down the middle of the traffic is what causes them to gesticulate at me.

I don't see why motorcyclists shouldn't stay in file with other traffic instead of being able to "filter" down the middle. Its dangerous, and they're often inches away from the cars either side of them.

Because it's legal.

As a car driver you display a remarkable ignorance of the Highway Code almost as a badge of stupidity.

Worse, you deliberately react in such a manner that any observing Traffic Policeman would at least caution you about your behaviour. You are in fact attempting to cause an accident.

Your attitude is appalling.

Because it's legal.

As a car driver you display a remarkable ignorance of the Highway Code almost as a badge of stupidity.

Worse, you deliberately react in such a manner that any observing Traffic Policeman would at least caution you about your behaviour. You are in fact attempting to cause an accident.

Your attitude is appalling.

As I've said before I don't cross or even straddle any painted lane lines, I'm within the lane, I just might be more over the left/right of it that's all. So I'm not "in the way" as such, just not actively making room. And why should I? why should there be a corridor, or a third lane, if you will, down the centre of two lane traffic??