To the motorcyclist on the A57 who made the obscene gesture @ 1710

It's car drivers like you Alan that is the exact reason I have cameras on my motorbike. Putting yourself in the way of a bike deliberately as you have stated is dangerous driving and if you caused an accident doing this when the bike is doing nothing wrong could result in you getting dealt with severely by the courts, probably losing your licence if the bike has video evidence like I would have. People ride bikes so they don't have to sit in traffic. If you don't like the fact that you have to sit in it and clearly resent the fact that bikes don't, GET A BIKE!

We've addressed the law side of it. That isn't in question.

So really, the only problem is the fact that you dont like being sat in traffic while bikes go past you.

I bet you are one of those people that deliberately pull out further towards the centre to block the bike off...

What bugs me is as a car driver, we are bombarded with "THINK BIKE" and the whole 'be courteous to bikers' pitch, but it's bikers who get so far up your ___ and stay there, it's bikers who take corners at over 100mph, it's bikers who drive into their instant death, it's bikers who drive on the wrong side of the road, it's bikers who are almost all just on the road for thrill seeking.

Yes, I don't like bikers.

I bet you are one of those people that deliberately pull out further towards the centre to block the bike off...

You should be able to position yourself wherever you like within the defined confines of a lane. Where is the defined lane for motorcyclists to go down the middle? oh yeah, there isn't one! their tyres are literally ON the white lines!

What bugs me is as a car driver, we are bombarded with "THINK BIKE" and the whole 'be courteous to bikers' pitch, but it's bikers who get so far up your ___ and stay there, it's bikers who take corners at over 100mph, it's bikers who drive into their instant death, it's bikers who drive on the wrong side of the road, it's bikers who are almost all just on the road for thrill seeking.

Cornering at 100MPH?

Who was riding it? Rex Smith??

The words 'brush', 'tar' and 'same' spring to mind. I certainly don't ride like that and neither do any of the riders I ride with. Yes you see knobhead bikers but no more than you see the equivalent in cars. That's down to the individual regardless of what they are driving.

You should be able to position yourself wherever you like within the defined confines of a lane. Where is the defined lane for motorcyclists to go down the middle? oh yeah, there isn't one! their tyres are literally ON the white lines!
Lets just hope that one day, a bike paramedic isnt rushing to help you, and get blocked by someone with the same mentality as you...

As I've said before I don't cross or even straddle any painted lane lines, I'm within the lane, I just might be more over the left/right of it that's all. So I'm not "in the way" as such, just not actively making room. And why should I? why should there be a corridor, or a third lane, if you will, down the centre of two lane traffic??

You're obstructing them for no good reason and being as awkward as you can be.

Why?

What do you achieve by making someone else marginally slower?