Help to find lost relative

Hi there i just wondered if anyone could advice me on where to start trying to trace a lost relative i know were , year he was born , iv tried facebook twitter but no joy i also believe this person was adopted just wondered if anyone knew any useful websites or had any ideas were i should start thankyou Also would his surname have been changed once he was adopted

Your best bet is Ancestry.co.uk, if you have some basic info such as date and place of birth that's a good starting point. I assume you don't know if the person is still alive? If you don't you can search death records. There is a 14 day free trial available.

Hi

I'm a genealogist and family researcher. I've found the odd lost relative for friends and connected people. The quickest was an unofficially adopted away sister in 1952 for a relative. I found her in 2 emails and one phone call after some research online. The joy of doing that was incredible for me. I have also traced people not adopted away, just moved away or abroad. I have all the necessary search facilities, subscriptions to Ancestry etc. PM me and I'll have a go if you like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...