Sky Camera Technology vs fans viewpoint

ANGELUS

Which gives the best indepth view of a football match?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which gives the best indepth view of a football match?

• Sky's multimillion quid camera technology inc: Playercam
    • From a fans view sitting on a seat in a stadium watching the game

OK

So we were debating on another thread which gives you the better views of a football match, especially focussing on one player in general.

Which view gives you the most unobstructed and best viewpoints of a football match and also players in general.

Also- which view gives the best viewpoint on goalline decisions or fouls on players as well.

In the red corner- we have Skys multi-million pound camera technology including its specific PlayerCAM facility where the camera trains on one player for a period of time off the ball and on it.

In the blue corner- we have the fans view sitting from a rigid seat in a stadium

Your choice my friends - also discuss why you have picked your choice as well please.

Please bear in mind that at no stage did I say the a stadium seat gave you a better view of the match.

As usual, Angelus is twisting things.

The argument was to do with assessing a players ability. I stated you were better off in the stadium. Angelus claimed "PlayerCam" did a better job.

It was never "which gives you a better physical view".

Please dont bull**** Angelus. You know full well what the argument was. It was all to do with a players work rate and off the ball work. You claimed Sky could give you a better appreciation of this than live.

Please bear in mind that at no stage did I say the a stadium seat gave you a better view of the match.

As usual, Angelus is twisting things.

The argument was to do with assessing a players ability. I stated you were better off in the stadium. Angelus claimed "PlayerCam" did a better job.

No mate- you said a stadium view would give a better whole view of a football match and you ridiculed the theory that PlayerCAM could not possibly give a better view of one player than you can sat in a seat in the stadium.

Dont try and influence people mate with what you have claimed in another thread- lets see what the people have to say.

EDIT: If we are going with a specific players workrate and off the ball work- I think also that the PlayerCAM trained on the specific player would show EXACTLY what was going on with the player a lot better visually than you sat way up in the stands Guds - and dont swear!

I refer all voter to the thread "Premiership - Not a foregone conclusion afterall".

Make your own decisions as to what the argument was about.

If you have never been to a match Angelus, how can you argue against something?

Its like me saying a film i hadnt seen was poor.

You don't get the same freedom to look around on sky as you would at a football match.

Even with player cam, you don't get the full picture on sky.

Anyone who goes to football matches would know what I'm talking about. The people who don't go to football matches would not.

So because I am not in a stand must mean that I cant see the player in detail then according to you two?

What a load of absolute crap!

PlayerCAM is trained on the player at all times- if he stops, hands on hips I see it - I see everything you claim to do as well as seeing it closer than you.

Hence SkyCAM is the better view.

Let the peeps decide for themselves shall we

You don't get the same freedom to look around on sky as you would at a football match.

Even with player cam, you don't get the full picture on sky.

Anyone who goes to football matches would know what I'm talking about. The people who don't go to football matches would not.

Thats exactly it. Angelus, I know you firmly believe you are right. Because you never go to matches.

Question: Why do some coaches watch from the stands. Why dont they just watch it on TV, and phone the trainer with instructions from the TV Room??!!

So because I am not in a stand must mean that I cant see the player in detail then according to you two?

What a load of absolute crap!

PlayerCAM is trained on the player at all times- if he stops, hands on hips I see it - I see everything you claim to do as well as seeing it closer than you.

Hence SkyCAM is the better view.

Let the peeps decide for themselves shall we

And of course Player cam is on ONE player for 15 minutes. In the stadium, you could focus on one player for the entire game. You could see how he interacts with the opposition and his teammates far more than PlayerCam.

Archived