Sky Camera Technology vs fans viewpoint

ANGELUS

Which gives the best indepth view of a football match?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which gives the best indepth view of a football match?

• Sky's multimillion quid camera technology inc: Playercam
    • From a fans view sitting on a seat in a stadium watching the game

you've just re-inforced my point. betting on the footie doesn't make you a football expert even if you are right as often as you say you are, it's mostly luck. Oh and didn't you say man u were going to be champions? not so clever after all are we?

And apparently Ballack was signing for Man Utd too.

Could be wrong, but I think he also predicted Owen would sign for Man Utd.

Allegedly, Patrice Evra is the new Roberto Carlos too.

Some more of my recent Angelus favourites;

Real Madrid's former president of the 'Galactico' era was not a disruptive influence on team affairs.

Liverpool fans are the worst fans he's never met ("your lot are animals, plain and simple").

Footballs fans are idiots and hooligans (which is why he doesn't go to games).

Wayne Rooney is god on earth, and he'll take great delight when England fail without him. (ok, he didn't put the god on earth bit, but you get the idea)

Chelsea are a long ball team.

Watching Sky gives a better view of football than actually being at a match (despite him admitting he's never been - how could he know what it's like?)

Do what you like. I will still haunt you regardless.

What I find offensive is your abject horror at a jokey remark.

My older brother is gay so I certainly dont have a problem with it. It seems you do. Why is this?

Please lay off the personal comments.

I don't care what the history is, but would prefer it if you left your arguments outside the Forum.

Thank you.

Joe

Angelus- once again you prove to us you know NOTHING about football- you can't even argue the point if you havn't been to a match!!!

Going to football is one of the best things on earth and its a thousand times better than watching it on TV!!!

I'm going to give you an example as to why your view and this view that most of you see to share on here as 'paying fans'

So, here we go- this is aimed at yourself and the others on here and is a simple yes or no answer please.

Are people who support Man Utd or any other team in far away countries, and who cant get to games but watch them on TV - less of a fan than you because you go to matches and those other people dont?

Simple yes or no answer please.

I'm sure the 1999 final we won was brilliant to have watched there at the Nou Camp and I would genuinly would have loved to be there on the night - as it was - my daughter was born that year and she is my priority above football.

Only if money is your God.

To me, any form of gambling is a waste (time, energy and cash - all of which could be put to much better use):(.

BTW. I voted for the "Live" option in this thread (though I no longer attend "Live" events).

However, I will not watch live games (with the exception of Internationals) as you just don't get the whole atmosphere, nor do you get to see the entire event, only what the camera can show.

WRT Sky... If you get 15mins on a player, that's only 6 players per match, what happens to the other 16(minimum)?:D

Money is my god man! :)

you've just re-inforced my point. betting on the footie doesn't make you a football expert even if you are right as often as you say you are, it's mostly luck. Oh and didn't you say man u were going to be champions? not so clever after all are we?

I loved this post.

So let me get this straight then- so because you can come on here and discuss with people you dont know on football matters, makes people a footballing 'god' does it?

When back in the real world - they wouldnt win money at the bookies so they dont go.

I know a lot about matches, yes I dont go, however that does not stop me winning 9/10 at the bookies- I win real cash back in the real world.

Its not luck mate- it goes with the fact that I've watched, nay, studied teams from all over the globe since I was young and I'm pretty damn good at betting as well- its not luck if you do some homework.

I said Man Utd might have had a chance if Chelsea lost/drew with Bolton and then we beat Chelsea - we didnt manage it.. so I didnt quite say WE ARE GOING TO BE CHAMPIONS did I? Look it up.

And apparently Ballack was signing for Man Utd too.

Still a chance- he's not signed for chelsea yet.

Could be wrong, but I think he also predicted Owen would sign for Man Utd.

I think I remember saying that I hoped Owen would sign for us.

Allegedly, Patrice Evra is the new Roberto Carlos too.

At the minute it appears unlikely- unless he pulls his socks up and also gets a fair go in the side.

Some more of my recent Angelus favourites;

Real Madrid's former president of the 'Galactico' era was not a disruptive influence on team affairs.

Liverpool fans are the worst fans he's never met ("your lot are animals, plain and simple").

Footballs fans are idiots and hooligans (which is why he doesn't go to games).

Wayne Rooney is god on earth, and he'll take great delight when England fail without him. (ok, he didn't put the god on earth bit, but you get the idea)

Chelsea are a long ball team

Watching Sky gives a better view of football than actually being at a match (despite him admitting he's never been - how could he know what it's like?)

OK here goes-

Real Madrid

He was not a disruptive influence on the team and had led them back into profits at the club since they were in debt and he also managed to build a team of galacticos who would beat any team on the planet.

Also- he has now put them into a financial situation where they are the no.1 grossing football club on the planet in front of us.

Not bad for someone who is a 'disruptive influence'

Liverpool Fans

Heysel- where their fans got themselves and the rest of the english clubs banned from europe for a few years because of their stupid antics.. Hillsborough- and I've said before the fans were not 100% responsible- but they were responsible for adding to the situation.

Still relating to Munich, smashing the loos at OT (seen the photo's) and daubed evil comments on our seats (seen photo's to prove this as well)

Attacked an ambulance when Alan Smith broke his leg on the way out of the stadium... would you like me to carry on?

And our fans carry on like this do they?

Football Fans

You are all not exactly changing my opinions of you all are you really- I have been called an idiot, a lump, have been told I have 'bum chums' and now also threatened publicly by Guderian saying that if anything happened- he would 'haunt me' - and also the constant ganging up on me thats mostly been instigated by Guderian and **** on here...

Yet you want me to change my opinion that you are all mostly a bunch of loudmouth louts?

Myself and Spyro have offered you a challenge financially to prove your thoughts, and none of you has the bottle to prove me wrong.

Even though I keep hearing 'we dont gamble with people we dont know' and 'I'll stick to a bookies'

Pathetic.

Funny way to make me see sense eh!

Rooney

He is a player - not a god!

Although he is the best player England has produced for years and even though you think I'm mad for suggesting that England havent got a prayer without him- although a lot of people AGREE WITH ME with my comments on it.

Again you have put something to twist my words to make people side with you like against me- you have to do this **** because people were agreeing with me and you dont like that.

I will however take great delight when england go out because I will have a punt on when they will bomb out as they do everytime.. so financially I will be better off- problem with that?

Chelsea are a long ball team

Funny how when we snuffed drogba and the longball tactic to him out at Old Trafford that they lost quite well?

Hmmm - and also they seem to have lost a good few games this year where people have closed the service to Drogba.. coincidence?

Watching Sky gives a better overall view of the game (as I said)

You can say all you want as fans who go to games- the fact remains that you cannot see a minute decision properly from all the way at the otherside of the stadium if its in another half- Sky picks up on it.

You cannot see a goalline ruled out from the otherside of the ground properly- sky catches the ball crossing the line.

Yes the atmosphere will be better attending the game and the passion as well- however to say a fan in a seat watching the game can see all of the important decisions from half way across the stadium is either idiotic or just plain stupid.

But there we go.

I've been to one match in my life which was Worksop vs Man Utd (a friendly at Sandy Lane a few years back)

It was the worst afternoon I've spent in my life - it was boring, I didnt like being stood in the cold while people in the stands sweared at the players and the ref in front of their kids- and also there was a lot of yobbishness as well.

So all in all- I dont like going to matches, I dont like the typical football fans.

Opinion from somebody who went to their first footy match in 1962.

Difference between watching a game on Sky and going to a match is like the difference between watching a mucky film with a box of tissues handy, and "making love to a beautiful woman".

'nuff said.

Please lay off the personal comments.

I don't care what the history is, but would prefer it if you left your arguments outside the Forum.

Thank you.

Joe

Joe, I urge you to read this thread in it's entirity. The chief protagonist may not be clear at a glance.

Joe, I urge you to read this thread in it's entirity. The chief protagonist may not be clear at a glance.

When I reported this to Joe, the fact that I sent the report was due to the same thing as I have encountered in the other threads I have posted in the last two days.

Insults, personal and non-personal.

If you cant discuss football without resulting to childish names and insults then sorry I believe that certain people should not be on the forum to wind people up.

I've asked nicely for people to stop- it has failed to happen.

So I had to ask Joe for advice to sort it out.

Also for the simple fact that **** asked for Robbie_Lovin to come in and insult me also for me is harrassing another forum member and from what I can see is against the rules of the SF.

If you have to resort to such childish antics- I dont think the forum is the place for you to do so- but thats my opinion and I trust Joe to sort this out.

Archived