Sky Camera Technology vs fans viewpoint

ANGELUS

Which gives the best indepth view of a football match?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which gives the best indepth view of a football match?

• Sky's multimillion quid camera technology inc: Playercam
    • From a fans view sitting on a seat in a stadium watching the game

Angelus, you don't go to football matches, how on earth can you argue about anything that happens there when you have no personal experience?

It's like saying soup is better than cake without having ever eaten cake.

Or saying that a film is great without having seen it (something that one of Sheffield's magazines does quite often).

I find all TV coverage a very poor substitute for being at the match.

Football is a team game and, personally, I enjoy watching a good team performance. That requires the ability to be able to view the whole pitch. All you ever get to see on the telly is the guy on the ball and a couple in immediate support of him. The shape of the whole team is often crucial to the game.

I have tried that PlayerCam thing on Sky and IMO it's even worse than their unimaginative main camera angles. The shot is taken up with one player. Sure you can see whether he's running or being lazy and disinterested, but generally it's just a live pic of a guy running past unidentified pairs of socks. It's almost impossible to determine his role on the pitch.

If I haven't been at the game I will look to fans' match reports first to give me a good understanding of how the game went, the team played and individuals performed.

why isn't it a secret ballot ? (you can see who has voted for what)

For the simple reason I wanted to know who has voted for what.

I knew guds and **** were going to vote for the fans viewpoint.

I wanted to know who else shared their ridiculous view.

Football is a team game and, personally, I enjoy watching a good team performance. That requires the ability to be able to view the whole pitch. All you ever get to see on the telly is the guy on the ball and a couple in immediate support of him. The shape of the whole team is often crucial to the game.

I have tried that PlayerCam thing on Sky and IMO it's even worse than their unimaginative main camera angles. The shot is taken up with one player. Sure you can see whether he's running or being lazy and disinterested, but generally it's just a live pic of a guy running past unidentified pairs of socks. It's almost impossible to determine his role on the pitch.

If I haven't been at the game I will look to fans' match reports first to give me a good understanding of how the game went, the team played and individuals performed.

Love it. In a nutshell and all that. You carry on watching PlayerCam Angelus. I am sure it gives you a nice close up of that players hair.

Be honest now, you dont REALLY use PlayerCam do you?

And of course Player cam is on ONE player for 15 minutes. In the stadium, you could focus on one player for the entire game. You could see how he interacts with the opposition and his teammates far more than PlayerCam.

The point we are discussing is that in the 15mins of action you and I see on one player ie: Ruud.

I get a better and closeup view of the player than you do sitting up in the stands.

Its a good idea for it not to be secret as Angelus is busy getting his bums chums to vote for him as we speak.

Noted. No direct interest in football but lived in Bradford for a while a watched quite a bit of Bradford Northern (now Bradford Bulls)

Rugby league is a completely different game when you are there.

It's a bit liking not going to the cinema to watch the latest blockbuster with 4d stereo sound and massive screen cos you prefer to "see it in your own front room"

Its a good idea for it not to be secret as Angelus is busy getting his bums chums to vote for him as we speak.

So after calling me a lump, swearing at me- and now you are calling me gay?

Would you like me to report you for this mate because I have asked you not to do it politely because you seem to be pushing it a little too far for me now.

I'll let the public decide the vote mate- I'm not asking anyone or want to rig the vote.

My sentiments exactly.

Angelus, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Since you don't go to games, you can't possibly have any idea what kind of view you get at one.

So after calling me a lump, swearing at me- and now you are calling me gay?

Would you like me to report you for this mate because I have asked you not to do it politely because you seem to be pushing it a little too far for me now.

I'll let the public decide the vote mate- I'm not asking anyone or want to rig the vote.

I was not calling you gay. I know for a fact you have a girlfriend.

Not looking good for you votes wise at the moment Angelus.

In 15 mins, PlayerCam v Live, Live gives you more of an appreciation of a player than PlayerCam.

Fact. End of.

I was not calling you gay. I know for a fact you have a girlfriend.

Not looking good for you votes wise at the moment Angelus.

In 15 mins, PlayerCam v Live, Live gives you more of an appreciation of a player than PlayerCam.

Fact. End of.

So why the public personal attacks then- and you have done this in the past as well?

I am not happy :(

Votes wise- 2 to 6 at the moment.

Let the people decide.

Archived