Sky Camera Technology vs fans viewpoint

ANGELUS

Which gives the best indepth view of a football match?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which gives the best indepth view of a football match?

• Sky's multimillion quid camera technology inc: Playercam
    • From a fans view sitting on a seat in a stadium watching the game

The point we are discussing is that in the 15mins of action you and I see on one player ie: Ruud.

I get a better and closeup view of the player than you do sitting up in the stands.

Playercam is useless for appreciating the way a player interacts with the rest of his team, it's too much of a close-up you can't apprectiate how his actions are affecting whats going on around him on the pitch. Here's an example . . .

On Sunday, in the United vs Palace game, Clinton Morrisson had a goal disallowed. He ran ALONG the line from parallel to the left-back then cut in-between the centre-half and right-back. The linesman gave him as off-side, but looking at the side-on view (from near to pitch level, looking across to the far touchline) you could see that the left-back was narrowly playing him onside. Playercam is situated next to the main stadium camers and is a tight-angle shot on the player himself, and therefore it would have been physically impossible to see that in actual fact it was a perfectly good goal . . . .

I rest my slightly long-winded case . . .

Seeing as you twisted the wording of the poll to suit your own ends Angelus, I am pleased with the initial results.

"Multi million pound equipment" - Oh dear.

Have you finished canvassing support yet from your cronies?

So why the public personal attacks then- and you have done this in the past as well?

I am not happy :(

Votes wise- 2 to 6 at the moment.

Let the people decide.

You call all match going United fans (which includes myself) as "idiots", and then complain when I strike back??

You call all match going United fans (which includes myself) as "idiots", and then complain when I strike back??

You strike back by calling me a lump, swear at me and then go on a public forum of nearly 23,000 people to insinuate that I am gay and have bum chums?

If this is not proving yourself an idiot mate by saying that- and I have labelled you nicely because I could have been worse - then I dont know what the world is coming to.

Typical english fan mate- boozy, loudmouthed and generally a know-it-all idiot.

Please prove me wrong.. or would you like to insinuate something else about me?

Seeing as you twisted the wording of the poll to suit your own ends Angelus, I am pleased with the initial results.

"Multi million pound equipment" - Oh dear.

Have you finished canvassing support yet from your cronies?

I dont know where in your head you think I have twisted the wording guds?

The coverage you get from Sky especially the playercam is very detailed and shows you what is going on very close up- so I disagree that your reckon you could pick out something from up in the stands that I could see quite clearly on digital TV.

I find it quite absurd that people would back the view that you also could see goalline decisions clearer in the stands than replay or goalline technology used by Sky camera's - although this is what I expected unfortunately from the 'fans' of today.

You strike back by calling me a lump, swear at me and then go on a public forum of nearly 23,000 people to insinuate that I am gay and have bum chums?

If this is not proving yourself an idiot mate by saying that- and I have labelled you nicely because I could have been worse - then I dont know what the world is coming to.

Typical english fan mate- boozy, loudmouthed and generally a know-it-all idiot.

Please prove me wrong.. or would you like to insinuate something else about me?

How is Lump offensive? My Mother calls me a lump!

I dont know where in your head you think I have twisted the wording guds?

The coverage you get from Sky especially the playercam is very detailed and shows you what is going on very close up- so I disagree that your reckon you could pick out something from up in the stands that I could see quite clearly on digital TV.

I find it quite absurd that people would back the view that you also could see goalline decisions clearer in the stands than replay or goalline technology used by Sky camera's - although this is what I expected unfortunately from the 'fans' of today.

You can't call a poll, realise you are losing then write off all the voters as not knowing what they are on about.

Will you two just get a room?

Being at the match is far better for appreciating a given player and the game as a whole - you can see exactly how what they're doing is influencing the shape of the team, how he reacts positionally off the ball, as well as how he behaves when he has the ball. Playercam is far too close to appreciate anything apart from whether they're moving or not, which tells you nothing. If you relied on playercam, a giddy dog would look like the best player in the world!

How is Lump offensive? My Mother calls me a lump!

Because lump to me referrs to someone as being fat, lazy or a slob.

And I've asked you very politely may I add a couple of times now to refrain from it and every time you have come back with something sarcastic or in some way insulting to myself.

Because lump to me referrs to someone as being fat, lazy or a slob.

And I've asked you very politely may I add a couple of times now to refrain from it and every time you have come back with something sarcastic or in some way insulting to myself.

And it would only be offensive if you were any of the above!

And as i dont know you at all I couldnt possibly know if you were.

Archived