Sky Camera Technology vs fans viewpoint

ANGELUS

Which gives the best indepth view of a football match?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which gives the best indepth view of a football match?

• Sky's multimillion quid camera technology inc: Playercam
    • From a fans view sitting on a seat in a stadium watching the game

I was going to sit on the fence, but then I thought whats the point, just tell it like it is :)

Personally if you are talking from a managers point of view and you want to assees a players ability and you could only have one of the option, I would say that actually being at the match would be the best way to assess as you get the whole picture and its real life and you also get to see the atmosphere that the player is exposed to and can make an informed decision, but in reality it iis good to have both.

This is just my opinion

So all in all - on the whole - Sky wins... are you going to agree now or are you still going to argue the point simply because its me?

I've experienced both; live football on sky with player cam, and live football sat in various stands at various grounds.

I know which I prefer.

You prefer Sky to something you've never been to.

I made another **** up, I meant no. Have edited now.

So you managed to **** up a simple three letter word with a two letter one?

I find that unusual to say the least.

What I am saying is anyone who doesn't go to a football match cannot have an understanding of events, views, sights and sounds experienced there. You simply cannot say watching a game on sky is better than watching the real thing when you haven't been and seen for yourself.

The sounds maybe and the sight of the crowd - otherwise I get to see everything else that you usually see where it counts - and thats on the pitch.

And no, I don't think you understand football very well. Not going to matches is a small part of that. I think you would have a better knowledge if you didn't put your blinkers on all the time.

I think I understand football very well mate- and thats why I am financially better off because of it every week betting wise.

I dont think I put my blinkers on as well.

The sounds maybe and the sight of the crowd - otherwise I get to see everything else that you usually see where it counts - and thats on the pitch.

I think I understand football very well mate- and thats why I am financially better off because of it every week betting wise.

JP McManus you are not - betting on Brazil and potentially scooping £50.

While I dont agree with Angelus on this particular topic, in his defense, he did once offer to put his money where his mouth is re: footy predictions, and no one took up the offer.

It happens. I don't see why it is unusual. I disagreed with you from the outset and that was reflected in my poll choice.

No, you don't see everything. You see whatever the current camera you have on is looking at. At a live game, you can look pretty much anywhere you want.

You seem to forget I've experienced both, I'm not disagreeing with you for the sake of it. Anyone who has been to a game will tell you the same thing.

Your numerous posts concerning Chelsea, Real Madrid and Wayne Rooney contradict that.

Er, no offence Angelus, but you wrote the question.

It asks "Which gives the best indepth view of a football match?" All the respondents so far have answered that question fairly accurately to my mind. You asked about the "match". What you may not have grasped if your only experience of the Beautiful Game is from Sky, is that the "match" consists of more than just a few dubious decisions which you can show over an over again in 30 sec clips. It is about how a team plays both as individuals and as a unit, the tactics, the attitude of players, the atmosphere in the ground, to name but a few.

Agreed you dont get the same atmosphere from being sat at home on sky but I can make out quite easily what the players are playing like, if they can be arsed and what tactics are being employed quite easily from watching from an armchair- its not hard to see really.

A fans view from the otherside of the stadium cannot tell you if the ball has crossed the line during a goalline incident can it? Not it cannot.

You did not ask which medium gives the closest view of the goalline decisions or which gives the nicest view of Thierry Henry's thighs.

Read through my first post on the poll- what does it say.

So we were debating on another thread which gives you the better views of a football match, especially focussing on one player in general.

Which view gives you the most unobstructed and best viewpoints of a football match and also players in general.

Also- which view gives the best viewpoint on goalline decisions or fouls on players as well

I rest my case really - I dont think I need to say anything to that.

You complain that match-going fans are "boozy, loudmouthed and generally know-it-all idiot(s)". If you don't go to games how do you know this gross generalisation to be true? Now you are insulting us all and you wonder why you get a strong reponse.

And you've just given me a valid point when you couldnt even be bothered to read my original post- so I will add dim as well to the fans list.

I dont go to games simply because I dont like football fans- and I'd prefer to have an intelligent conversation with people rather than talk about simpler pleasures- and also from the yobbish behaviour of 'fans' boozed to the eyeballs in pubs up and down the country I can safely generalise with ease cheers.

While I dont agree with Angelus on this particular topic, in his defense, he did once offer to put his money where his mouth is re: footy predictions, and no one took up the offer.

I have always maintained I'm not going to start gambling because someone I've never met has challenged me to. There was also the issue of Angelus (and any other competitiors) honouring their bets.

I wouldn't start playing Rugby just because a Rugby player said he was better at it than me.

I did indeed spyro.. no one took up the offer because behind all the mouth of the fans on here- nobody is prepared to backup the offer with cold hard cash.

Fear and cowardice come hand in hand, I was quite prepared to risk my cash and still am for that matter in backing up what I said.

But I doubt there would be any takers- robbie is not man enough and I've tried- ney begged- **** and Guds but to no avail.

I have always maintained I'm not going to start gambling because someone I've never met has challenged me to. There was also the issue of Angelus (and any other competitiors) honouring their bets.

I wouldn't start playing Rugby just because a Rugby player said he was better at it than me.

I challenge you and I challenge anyone else to backup their claims financially.

If it means getting someone to hold the cash- would you trust someone like JoeP?

I would honour my bets mate quite happily- and I would hopefully trust the rest of you to do the same.

But if your not all man enough for it... and you are not confident of your claims..

Archived