Sky Camera Technology vs fans viewpoint

ANGELUS

Which gives the best indepth view of a football match?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which gives the best indepth view of a football match?

• Sky's multimillion quid camera technology inc: Playercam
    • From a fans view sitting on a seat in a stadium watching the game

So would you like to have a gamble as well then?

Or would you like to take the guderian and **** way out?

You seem to know a lot about football so would you be willing to lay hard cash on the line as well?

Stick to SkyBet lad.

You must be a Marketing Director's dream. Do you have a Ford Focus?

You complain when Guderian has a go at you for derogatory remarks.

Then you label another poster 'thick' and patronise them, because they (quite accurately) pointed something out that puts you in a negative light again.

Double standards.

Note to all; feel free to abuse me, I don't mind.

Guderian merely pointed out on a forum of 23,000+ people that I may be gay and that I had bum chums- which I took offence to and which I have reported.

I labelled the other person thick - because they decided to have a go with you lot not knowing the first thing about what I had asked in the poll.. they didnt even read it properly- but I apologise for that comment.

If you dont want to read a poll post properly - dont get involved with it.

Not really double standards if you dont read what the poll says really- more proving the point.

Stick to SkyBet lad.

You must be a Marketing Director's dream. Do you have a Ford Focus?

Another coward I see... ah well...

Stick to hiding behind a keyboard and a computer screen eh.

Shame really- I would have loved to take your cash from you.

The answer is still no, it doesn't. Sky can't possibly show you ALL the different things happening in the match - you can only see what the camera's pointed at, not anything you want like if you were there. And for things like being able to see whether the ball went over the line - it doesn't matter, cos the ref and his assistants decide what happened and whether you've got a clear view or not is immaterial.

Sky has camera's mounted all the way around the grounds so they usually so everything.

And it does matter about the goalline cam because the ref and assistants - oh my god - sometimes make mistakes!

Holy crap!

The camera's never lie.

So the camera view on the line NEEDS to be material.

I labelled the other person thick - because they decided to have a go with you lot not knowing the first thing about what I had asked in the poll.. they didnt even read it properly- but I apologise for that comment.

So we're all thick? I fully understand the original post.

I'm not appealing to your masculinity mate- oh no.

but

But if your not all man enough for it... and you are not confident of your claims...

Is a direct appeal to my masculinity.

I'm appealing to you on a public forum with 24,000 people to prove you know and can back up your comments financially against mine which you think are foolish.

Its ok for one moment to have a go at me on here along with the rest of the people who also seem to like having a go- but when it comes round to proving your comments.. you are nowhere to be seen.

Its like bullies- once you have a go back- they are cowards.

Gambling has got nothing to do with proving anything.

I'll join in any games where users predict results, and did do too (but nobody bothers on that thread now).

The winning/losing money aspect has absolutely nothing to do with being right or wrong.

Sky has camera's mounted all the way around the grounds so they usually so everything.

And it does matter about the goalline cam because the ref and assistants - oh my god - sometimes make mistakes!

Holy crap!

The camera's never lie.

So the camera view on the line NEEDS to be material.

They may have all the angles covered but they can only show what the director feels is relevant at a given moment. If you're watching in the crowd you can exercise your own judgement as to what is relevant - watching the game as a whole or focussing on individual players or groups of players.

And yes, ref's do make mistakes. But as the decision is not reversible, it makes no difference if you see the incident from a camera 2 feet away or not. In fact it's very enjoyable debating what actually happened with other people at the match, when none of you know for sure what happened.

You've got a very odd view of what the crowd are like at a football match - you really should get along to a few. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Archived