Neighbour refusing to move his car from my driveway

I have kindly been allowing my neighbor to park one of his 4 cars on my drive for over 12 months now , this is not a shared drive , it is my own drive on my council property , this car only has test and no tax , he has two other cars without tax or test on his drive and another which is tax and tested which he drives around in and parks in parking spaces which my other neighbors without driveways use. I have let him do this as a gesture of good will so he can then sorn his other car off the road.

Why has he got 3 cars without tax?

He has SORN the car as off road , it has been off road now for over a year now . i have only been letting him use my drive as i did not own a car then , i now own one and i cant park on my own drive.

He is being very antisocial as he has 4 cars altogether 2 are parked on his land with no tax and no test , 1 is on my drive wich is tested only and he has another which is taxed and tested he parks that on in a parking bay that other residents use who do not have a drive.

He once told me he uses the 2 cars parked on his land to keep stuff in as he does not want to rent a garage.

Edited by master jedi

very convinced,its on his land, tell the owner and tell the police if necessary, give 24 hrs notice in writing then tow it!

Thanks for the reply's everyone , The council have been back to me , just checked my email . They are telling me that it would cost them too much to have the car removed from my drive , sadly im not brave enough to remove his car by myself. It looks like im stuck with a car on my drive that does not belong to me. Surely this cant be allowed to happen.

I really sympathise, this sounds like a nightmare. Is he a Council tenant? If he is you could try to get them to take some action against him on the grounds of antisocial behaviour. The ultimate sanction for that would be eviction (his)

How much is the car worth do you think?

At a guess about £500.

---------- Post added 27-07-2016 at 20:41 ----------

I really sympathise, this sounds like a nightmare. Is he a Council tenant? If he is you could try to get them to take some action against him on the grounds of antisocial behaviour. The ultimate sanction for that would be eviction (his)

He is not a Council tenant but i am an my other neighbors are complaining to the Council about me for letting him leave his car on my drive , but i have told them i have been wanting him to remove it now for over 3 months now. The thing is even though the Council know all about this problem they will do nothing as they tell me if they get involved it will cost to much. But if people complain to the Council about me for allowing my neighbor to keep his car on my drive purely out of the kindness of my heart , i stand a chance of loosing my home , just does not make sense.

If it's been on your drive for over a year, it won't have an MOT anymore. I'd put the reg number on the tax website and check it's tax status too.

At this point I'd be telling him to get it shifted before you pay for someone else to move it onto the highway. Or ask for the V5 and get it scrapped and keep the cash.

At a guess about £500.

---------- Post added 27-07-2016 at 20:41 ----------

He is not a Council tenant but i am an my other neighbors are complaining to the Council about me for letting him leave his car on my drive , but i have told them i have been wanting him to remove it now for over 3 months now. The thing is even though the Council know all about this problem they will do nothing as they tell me if they get involved it will cost to much. But if people complain to the Council about me for allowing my neighbor to keep his car on my drive purely out of the kindness of my heart , i stand a chance of loosing my home , just does not make sense.

I doubt your home would be at risk, you have previously allowed him to use your drive but are not currently allowing him. How about getting all the neighbours to hassle him about it? Like, every day until he shifts it.

They have been doing this for ages now as they think it is very antisocial for him to park his car in a parking area that is used by tenants without a drive. He has a drive but he has 2 untaxed and no MOT cars on it , so he parks everywhere else.

---------- Post added 27-07-2016 at 20:54 ----------

It would be at this point the car would be moved no matter how.

But why wait until that point , i will be so stressed long before then. The thing is the Council have lead me to believe they would have this car removed from my drive , and now they are saying oh hang on it might cost money to do so.

Contact the DVLA, however first have someone drag the wreck onto the road in front of his house when he's out as I doubt it will move after a year as the brakes may have seized up.

The car has obviously been abandoned and if the council won't do anything about it which strikes me as odd and the owner won't then either you need to do something about it or stop complaining and live with it