Neighbour refusing to move his car from my driveway

The thing is, they are neighbours, and nobody wants to start a feud. They need to get along together at the end of the day. Probably a letter given to him asking to have the car moved by a certain date, otherwise you will take steps to have it moved.

Unfair comment, we are not all the same.

Maybe we aren't but its time for the op to stand up to this bloke regardless of how big he is.Just tell him if the car isn't moved now it will be put on the road now,you have been patient for too long,get him told.

Thanks' again for your replies . Im not a violent person and i dont like confrontation so this is a very difficult situation for me. I am really so sad that the Council have just led me down a garder path making me belive that they would have the car removed, i feel betrayed and lied to by them. Why would they let me belive that they were going to sort this out for me only to let me down at the end due to what they say is that it would cost them to much to persue it further.

Without wanting to be harsh - your neighbour is taking advantage of you because you are letting him. Give him two weeks to shift it or you'll report it as abandoned & remove it yourself. Or get someone to tow it away when he's out & claim ignorance...

Dont know if its anything to do with it but basically bailiffs apparently can not take a vehicle from another person's property or on public land,just a thought..

They can. A bailiff can take property form private land also.

The OP should inform the owner you will be charging them rent. Make it a reasonable amount and when they do not pay, keep a record and file a civil case against them. The courts will be happy to hear your case and the owner will either have to pay or have a CCJ against them.

Is this a wind up? :suspect:

Send the bloke a formal letter by registered mail setting out the terms for the car's removal: he has x number of days to remove the car from your drive; if he fails to do so you'll remove it yourself and deposit it outside his house. Surely the forum members' righteous indignation will be sufficient to motivate a few folk to get together and give master jedi a helping hand.

They can. A bailiff can take property form private land also.

The OP should inform the owner you will be charging them rent. Make it a reasonable amount and when they do not pay, keep a record and file a civil case against them. The courts will be happy to hear your case and the owner will either have to pay or have a CCJ against them.

This is the best suggestion so far, hats off :) Perhaps insert a clause along the lines of: The terms for rental of the driveway space of x address are £x per week. By leaving any vehicles on the aforesaid driveway from x date you are consenting to enter into this agreement.

Edited by Bob Arctor