Red light zone in Sheffield?

Agreed, simply because no brothel would be employing these toothless drug addicts.

edited to add:

I don't mean to sound harsh Mister M, because these are vulnerable young women who are at the end of the day somebody's daughter, or sister, or mum. But much more work needs to be done than simply the council legalising brothels and the Police creating tolerance zones. The drug addiction needs to be broken, and the girls need a greater sense of self-worth.

:huh:

Hmmm...

... maybe Charlie Clifford could help? :suspect:

Agreed, simply because no brothel would be employing these toothless drug addicts.

edited to add:

I don't mean to sound harsh Mister M, because these are vulnerable young women who are at the end of the day somebody's daughter, or sister, or mum. But much more work needs to be done than simply the council legalising brothels and the Police creating tolerance zones. The drug addiction needs to be broken, and the girls need a greater sense of self-worth.

I agree with your amendment.

Have any of you walked though the red light area near Kelham Island ?

The girls . . . They ain't pretty, with missing teeth and obvious drug addictions.

I don't know who is more desperate . . . the girls or the punter.

I really, really hope something will also be done about getting them cleaned up and off the streets too.

The red light district seems to have moved slightly, I used to see 'ladies of the night' regularly when I was travelling to work. I wonder if it's because more businesses have opened up around Neepsend, and they have been moved on?

I think it should be made legal and regulated, like it is in Amsterdam, after all the trade has been in existence since the beginning of time, and isn't about to stop.

But, as people say, it isn't going to help the girls who are trapped in prostitution due to drug addiction. There needs to be more help addressing the drug problem and poverty.

from a distance they look half decent. Unless you kerb crawling they resemble grotbags sister :hihi::hihi:

Some people draw a short straw in life, that may be in looks or circumstance.

Perhaps you see a Greek god when you look in the mirror lets hope all others share your view.

Some hookers I known while working around Neepsend are the salt of the Earth who help others out on a daily basis, do you.

The red light district seems to have moved slightly, I used to see 'ladies of the night' regularly when I was travelling to work. I wonder if it's because more businesses have opened up around Neepsend, and they have been moved on?

I think it should be made legal and regulated, like it is in Amsterdam, after all the trade has been in existence since the beginning of time, and isn't about to stop.

But, as people say, it isn't going to help the girls who are trapped in prostitution due to drug addiction. There needs to be more help addressing the drug problem and poverty.

Prostitiution (the act of selling sex for money) is already legal, a number of the things around the service provision, pimping, curb crawling, brothel keeping etc are illegal and should remain so. However, some form of licensed brothel keeping should be allowed.

Edited by andyofborg

I wonder if brothels were legalised whether there would still be 'streetwalkers'. Perhaps there would....

Its probally about price,the lasses in the saunas/brothels area lot more attractive than the street walkers(so I'm told) so the people who can't afford the brothels go to the streets.

Well said ...

I don't know how workers of a brothel look like but I know who most streetwalkers are.

Drug addicts, nearly every single one of them. None of them is addicted to cannabis.

For us it is definitely better to have them selling sex than shoplifting and such.

For them it would be better to combat harmful drug use.

I don't know how workers of a brothel look like but I know who most streetwalkers are.

Drug addicts, nearly every single one of them. None of them is addicted to cannabis.

For us it is definitely better to have them selling sex than shoplifting and such.

For them it would be better to combat harmful drug use.

How do you know all these streetwalkers? :love::huh: