Purchased item on internet

Not true. You can define what the terms of your offer and acceptance are i.e I will only accept a contract in writing.

Cant say im invested, but a quick scan looks like theres confusion about who is making the offer. Have you considered the fact that it could be the person attempting to purchase the goods and that the contract is formed only when the seller accepts at a later time? I will need to read all the thread really and thats nails down a chalkboard stuff.

That's exactly how offer and acceptance works, nobody is confused about that.

:rolleyes:

Blah. Blah.

It doesn't matter.

The major website retailers know what they are doing.

I think most do these days and only accept an order on dispatch but "major retailers" have been burnt in the past.

There was a case were several people successfully claimed loss of bargain from B & Q. The problem was that B & Q stated that a contract was formed when the confirmation email was sent. They have probably changed their terms since.

There is a huge thread on here from the time that people first saw the offer and what subsequently happened. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1439621&page=

It is also referenced in this article: https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/jul/11/homebase-bargain-sofas-fail-arrive-massive-price-drop

"History is littered with too-good-to-be true deals which have backfired on retailers. In 2009 a group of customers successfully sued B&Q for “loss of bargain” after it failed to honour orders for dishwashers offered at £100 in a sale. Seven years earlier, Kodak was dragged through the courts when customers were told that the £100 cameras they had ordered had been mis-priced."

Of course people do lose loss of bargain claims - as it is up to the courts to decide. But sometimes it doesn't even get that far as retailers pay up before it gets to court. If you ever think you have a claim for something with a supplier it is always worth sending a Letter Before Action - many will try at this point to find a solution you may never even need to file a court case.

This thread is going round and round in circles.

I have just ordered something from Amazon and at the bottom of the e mail confirming they have received my order it said:

This e-mail is only an acknowledgement of receipt of your order. Your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched.

Is that plain enough?