Christian protest at Pride - Endcliffe Park

To Crookedspire.

Maybe these people have had a lot of abuse, and it adds up, just another brick in the wall.

Abuse, as they see it, is so destructive, on every level, people don't put themselves in their shoes, so don't realy understand.

Damaged people are highly vonerable, and soon upset, quite rightly so.

They probably have struggled about their sexuality, most of their lives, a hard path to walk.

No wonder they bite back, wouldnt you ?

I have several gay friends, and i love and respect them.

What path they take, in the bedroom, is up to them, and doesn't define them as a human being, its only one small aspect.

Hetrosexuals could be judged very very harshly, on some of the sexual interaction that transpires, behind closed doors. DONT HATE, DONT HATE, DONT HATE.

---------- Post added 07-08-2016 at 20:18 ----------

With respect . . . . its the love of money, that is the root of all evil, not money.

And now we have this in Sheffield which is even more disheartening and worrying .. cannot believe that Sheffielders would behave like this ...

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/couple-claim-they-have-received-death-threats-after-homophobic-attack-on-sheffield-bus-1-8044835

I can. Have you seen the comments underneath the article. Some people are just vile.

Well i suppose Sheffield is no different to any other place, its not unique, at all.

Human beings, have the same flaws, where ever it may be.

Its a shame it goes on anywhere, but it does, killing, bombing, stabbing, murder, fighting, drugs, rape, its goes on and on.

Where ever there are people, it goes off.:roll:

Well i suppose Sheffield is no different to any other place, its not unique, at all.

Human beings, have the same flaws, where ever it may be.

Its a shame it goes on anywhere, but it does, killing, bombing, stabbing, murder, fighting, drugs, rape, its goes on and on.

Where ever there are people, it goes off.:roll:

Well true enough. But as I said on another thread Sheffield feels a comparatively safe city, & I've lived in Manchester & Leeds.

Anyway just because a few religious people choose to use their holy texts as a stick to beat others with, I do not judge all religious people like this. The people who gatecrashed the Pride event in Sheffield are inadequate and resentful.

I don't think any Christian needs to apologise for what other Christians have done. If you weren't the ones causing upset then don't apologise - it's not your fault it's theirs.

Some of the Christian protesters may enjoy upsetting others but I suspect that is not the motive for most. They really do believe that homosexuals will burn in hell and they may even think by protesting that they can save the souls of some gay people by pointing out the error of their ways and converting them. Its probably like the equivalent of me stopping my toddler from running onto the road - he might think its a good idea but I know otherwise. They really think they know better.

I don't think any Christian needs to apologise for what other Christians have done. If you weren't the ones causing upset then don't apologise - it's not your fault it's theirs.

I think we just feel bad that many in society have moved on from the dark old days of sexism and racism, but this lot still hang on.

Hopefully, like the old blue rinse Tories, when they pop their clogs the hatred and bigotry will die with them.

I was born in the 2cd World war and growing up in the fourty"s ,fifty"s and sixty"s I had never heard of gays ,in fact a gay man was deemed to be some one who dressed smartly .

Now it seems as if all the World has gone gay mad with T.V. programmes ,films, and all other walks of life full of these folk.

At the same time Christian god farin folk were every where ,the chapels and churches were full up with congregations bellowing out hims and praising the Lord to high heaven on a Sunday because the pubs were shut.

So why has this happened ,why has the World turned gay, why have the churches shut up and become flats and furniture shops.

Life was so simple and uncomplicated when I was singing at Sunday school and listening to bells on Sunday.