New Ale House - The Itchy Pig, Broomhill

taxman

Even as a Ranmoor student The South Seas was rarely somewhere I ever wanted to frequent.

I went a few times, but definitely for the music not the beer!

---------- Post added 01-08-2016 at 16:50 ----------

As for the Itchy Pig, does it have anything for the beer geek? not so much thinking number of beers as intrigue of beers!

I went a few times, but definitely for the music not the beer!

---------- Post added 01-08-2016 at 16:50 ----------

As for the Itchy Pig, does it have anything for the beer geek? not so much thinking number of beers as intrigue of beers!

Friend of mine went on Saturday, standard cask stuff (moonshine etc), and 2 kegs, one with meantime london pale and cant remember what he said the other was. No bottles in as yet either.

https://www.facebook.com/theitchypig/

Edited by slh73
added facebook link

It does a craft lager, maybe 2, one was made with New Zealand hops I think, next tap to the Meantime Pal Ale, and another tap on its own called Curious Brew, or something like that. Really friendly couple behind the bar, he is from Kent so wants to have one Kentish beer on at all times and at least on Sheffield beer. We had the Exit 33 Thirst Aid, nice pint.

It does a craft lager, maybe 2, one was made with New Zealand hops I think, next tap to the Meantime Pal Ale, and another tap on its own called Curious Brew, or something like that. Really friendly couple behind the bar, he is from Kent so wants to have one Kentish beer on at all times and at least on Sheffield beer. We had the Exit 33 Thirst Aid, nice pint.

Exactly what he said ^^^ so read into that what you will.

So in answer to your question, Dave, - No.

Guest makapaka

I don't get this?

Wrong post?

I've been in and I thought it was acceptable. I wouldn't moan about going there, but there are better Ale places around Sheffield.

Well give it a chance! :hihi:

-

The website doesn't show a picture, but says it is 495 Glossop, does that mean it's inside only? I can't imagine enough room in front chairs outside.

Guest makapaka

I think it will do well. Shame for me though that pubs are closing down all over and instead we end up with beer in shops.

Suppose it's due to the property acquisitions by the pubcos. Would have been great if the itchy pig was in the south sea for example. Just think these micro pubs lack the history and feeling you get in a pub.

That said - I do think it will do ok and hope it does.

I think it will do well. Shame for me though that pubs are closing down all over and instead we end up with beer in shops.

Suppose it's due to the property acquisitions by the pubcos. Would have been great if the itchy pig was in the south sea for example. Just think these micro pubs lack the history and feeling you get in a pub.

That said - I do think it will do ok and hope it does.

That's the key thing that worries me too and 'beer in shops' is a good phrase for it. The historic value of pubs in our communities doesn't appear in anyone's balance sheet unfortunately.

I don't get this?

Dave at Steel City asked if it had anything for the beer geek. It does not.

Unless you think Curious Brew, Kent beers and Exit 33 will appeal. In which case you are mistaken.