J&J Dyson, Stannington - employees..

Fotheringham was the works manager..Jenkins sales manager, Jim Duffy no.2 plant gaffer, a Goodison no. 1 plant gaffer, forget no.3...also the unforgettable, incomparable Selwyn Horsfield.
OK, he must have followed Soccer Horsefield as works manager!.....Nobby Goodison No 1 plant, died in Scotland last year.Yes Selwyn was a character!..........I suspect I was there before you?

My dad worked there for nearly 40 years, was Gordon Rowe otherwise known as Coddy ! I remember many of the names mentioned . Dad died last November aged 86.

Selwyn was a,good friend of his.

Will have a,think of any others ,

I worked at Dysons for a few years, started in the canteen with Sylvia and Val, then went into the offices. Worked with Gordon, Selwyn, Rowland (Helliwell), Frank Richardson, Peter, Sam (Darryl Sampson), and all their relatives! Works manager was Milton Revitt. Mags, Alice and Jill in the office.

So sorry to hear of the death of Coddy, he was a good man. We must have got turkeys from you? AMB60

Yes lived o Nethergate until 2010 then moved over to us .And yes you will have had your Christmas turkey from us !!

---------- Post added 31-07-2016 at 22:17 ----------

Walt Wragg, Danksy,Richard Merryman, Boyd Booth , just a few he talked about

My Dad worked there from 1947 till he retired about the early eighties. His name was Ken Unwin. I remember the kids Christmas parties in the canteen. Also taking his snap to him when he worked the weekends. I remember some of the names mentioned. Some I know are Turner, Grayson, Revitt.