154mph speedster only gets 56 day ban

Did he get loads of points ?

Probably. He might get insurance now (did he have it before hand? The article doesn't say). He didn't crash, hurt anyone, he didn't lead the police on a merry dance (again the article doesn't say - who writes this crap?) as far as I can see but he did speed. If he's an otherwise lawful driver, insurance costs are going to rocket and it may effect his employment.

You see on these fly on the wall police shows how they catch uninsured drivers after a chase, give them 12 month bans and 6 points on the licence where the crims concerned aren't going to get a licence or insurance.

Despite me driving like Dudley do-right I can't get excited about this.

...and a £365 fine, very lucky indeed. I'm surprised that a dangerous driving charge wasn't brought unless the road was completely empty. I guess it depends how that is classified but wasn't some biker found to be doing around 170 and ended up in prison?

Even if he had the reflexes of an F1 driver, those around probably wouldn't, it would only take someone to pull out a lane thinking it was clear.

Despite me driving like Dudley do-right I can't get excited about this.

Driving at 154mph, he is probably a wealthier person with a good legal team.

---------- Post added 02-08-2016 at 21:23 ----------

...and a £365 fine, very lucky indeed.

A working man doing 132mph was banned for 56 days and fined £300.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3578268/Garage-worker-rushing-drive-friend-interview-clocked-police-speeding-132mph-Vauxhall-Astra-VAN.html

Driving at 154mph, he is probably a wealthier person with a good legal team.

---------- Post added 02-08-2016 at 21:23 ----------

A working man doing 132mph was banned for 56 days and fined £300.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3578268/Garage-worker-rushing-drive-friend-interview-clocked-police-speeding-132mph-Vauxhall-Astra-VAN.html

What are you basing that? As far as the article read he just sent a letter in. He didn't contest it to the best of my knowledge either.

What are you basing that? As far as the article read he just sent a letter in. He didn't contest it to the best of my knowledge either.

I am poor, my car would do well to reach 100mph, how fast will your car go ;)