154mph speedster only gets 56 day ban

She needs to stop your sister driving it ;)

Well the speedo had numbers going that far round, whether the needle ever reached them I don't know.

My current drive could maybe hit 120 if I really really thrashed it and its worth nowt, less than a grand now I bet. Whether it would stop safely I wouldn't like to say.

Did he get loads of points ?

Unlikely, since a ban of that length actually "clears" any points from your license.

---------- Post added 03-08-2016 at 08:40 ----------

Police have called the judgement "disappointing" and have appealed to the CPS.

Maybe to ask why he wasn't charged with dangerous driving :loopy:

Bit late now

Very difficult to make it stick if he did nothing except excessive speed.

A few years ago a Porsche driver was charged with DD for speed alone, and made a successful defence that as the car is designed to go that fast and he did nothing apart from speed (ie, no silly overtaking, no tailgating, all in a NSL zone, road conditions were good) that it didn't meet the criteria for DD.

Edited by Cyclone

A few years ago a Porsche driver was charged with DD for speed alone, and made a successful defence that as the car is designed to go that fast and he did nothing apart from speed (ie, no silly overtaking, no tailgating, all in a NSL zone, road conditions were good) that it didn't meet the criteria for DD.

I have watched a few police TV programs, every so often there will be someone killed, because they were drunk and going home in the dark, in the wrong place.

Anything above 120mph is dangerous, even on a motorway, 100mph on a A road.

I have watched a few police TV programs, every so often there will be someone killed, because they were drunk and going home in the dark, in the wrong place.

You can drive dangerously within the speed limit, speed is not the only factor.

A man caught speeding at 154mph (247km/h) has been banned from driving for 56 days.

Police have called the judgement "disappointing" and have appealed to the CPS.

Disgraceful. He should get at least a years ban, a massive fine, and, if there was anyone else on the road at the time, possibly prison.

---------- Post added 03-08-2016 at 12:45 ----------

Certainly if there are any other cars on the road at the time, in fact I don`t see how anyone can disagree with that. I`d say "even" doing 100mph on a motorway, with other vehicles on it, is dangerous. I thought there was an automatic ban for getting caught doing over 100mph ?

Entirely arbitrary numbers. What makes 119 or 121 special? Or 99 or 101? Or any other pair of numbers we care to think of?

---------- Post added 03-08-2016 at 13:13 ----------

Disgraceful. He should get at least a years ban, a massive fine, and, if there was anyone else on the road at the time, possibly prison.

---------- Post added 03-08-2016 at 12:45 ----------

Certainly if there are any other cars on the road at the time, in fact I don`t see how anyone can disagree with that. I`d say "even" doing 100mph on a motorway, with other vehicles on it, is dangerous. I thought there was an automatic ban for getting caught doing over 100mph ?

How would it be dangerous on a quite motorway in good conditions? There are 3 lanes for cripes sake. And most of the traffic should be in the left most lane.

I came home from Leeds at about 2230 on Monday night, the overhead signs said "danger congestion" and a 50 limit was in place.

At that point i could literally not see another car in front of me, the motorway was nearly empty.