Some breaking news

My understanding is that other countries are assesed for their human rights and people are not repatriated to countries where to do so would put their life at risk. There are many countries which people dissappear if they are returned for their body to be found later. This is totally unacceptible, and to send someone back to a place where they might be killed or tortured by the state or other organisation would be wrong.

It may seem like a hard line to take but if someone abuses our hospitality then I think they forfeit the right to be dealt with in the way you describe. We are in these cases talking about returning individuals to their own country it should be remembered.

My understanding is that other countries are assesed for their human rights and people are not repatriated to countries where to do so would put their life at risk.

So what about OUR human rights ? should the UK accept all the dregs of the planet ? the first duty of any goverment should be the safety and welfare of the people .

So what about OUR human rights ? should the UK accept all the dregs of the planet ? the first duty of any goverment should be the safety and welfare of the people .

There is a fine line in a democracy...appreciate your right to express your point of view but if we abide by some who have already posted on this thread we would not have a liberal democracy. Human rights work both ways and if others do not abide with this, does that mean we should forgo those high standards we set ourselves? If we do not then we head toward a state with no rights at all, or end up as democratically void as some nations we criticise. There are over 100,000 people in our jails at present and the vast majority are not asylum seekers or recent immigrants, I think it best to remember this in a measured way

its been reported on sky that one of the freed immigrants might be mustaf jamma who murdered that police woman

full story here

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1220497,00.html

Which states:

A suspect in the killing of PC Sharon Beshenivsky was not a foreign criminal released from prison without being considered for deportation, the Home Office has said.

• 6 years later...

Archived