Stannington college welding course students and instructors

Anybody out there who was on the first intake for a welding course when Stannington tech first opened , we all started at Newall road for theory and Ponds St for the evening practical. Tutors I remember :- messers Sinton,Flint,Jackson,Harrison,Grant,etc. It was about 45years ago but I have just got back in touch with Paul Scofield and it got me thinking who else is out there.

Dave D.

Anybody out there who was on the first intake for a welding course when Stannington tech first opened , we all started at Newall road for theory and Ponds St for the evening practical. Tutors I remember :- messers Sinton,Flint,Jackson,Harrison,Grant,etc. It was about 45years ago but I have just got back in touch with Paul Scofield and it got me thinking who else is out there.

Dave D.

What year did Stannington college open?I did my Electrical Technicians there in 1969 (T4) before going to the Sheffield Polytechnic for my T5 finals.It was new then and like moving to the country after Granville college.Instead of doing a day and a night we did one day 9am to 9pm.This meant on my night shift week starting there at 9am,leaving at 9pm and going straight to Brown Bayleys until 7am.A long day !!!!!!!!

/?

Dave D.

Would that be Alan Flint who was or had been a fabrication foreman at Hadfields & Osborn-Hadfields during the 60's.

Hi Torontony yup it sure was Alan Flint , others Keith Jackson Mick Harrison can't remember Mr Grants name.

I heard he went into teaching but not much other info as to where that was He was my foreman at Hadfields mid 60's, he later moved up to management, I believe. I left there in 1969, so it would have been not long after that when you came across him, although I am not sure if he did both jobs at the same time. Nice man who nursed me through my late apprentice ship years, in spite of my " know it all" persona..lol Wonder if he is still around, he would be getting on a bit if he was as I am 71 and he was considerably older.