Bank of England Madness

Over what time frame has this happened? And is it simply because the 3rd world now enjoys what the West has been doing for centuries?

---------- Post added 07-08-2016 at 10:30 ----------

Japans industry is still stagnating despite all the years of lowering interest rates.

I'm not sure what your point is. Perhaps if they hadn't set it so low then Japan would now be entirely broken.

Over what time frame has this happened? And is it simply because the 3rd world now enjoys what the West has been doing for centuries?

---------- Post added 07-08-2016 at 10:30 ----------

I'm not sure what your point is. Perhaps if they hadn't set it so low then Japan would now be entirely broken.

..........you mean the West has enjoyed getting into debt?

Japans industry is still stagnating despite all the years of lowering interest rates.

If we follow the same plan, we will be like Japan, up n down economy for the past 20 years.

It's interest rates you're complaining about. They've been lowered to stimulate the economy that is being hammered by the vote to brexit.

There can't be some sort of magic reward to savers, they don't want you to save, they want you to spend.

Yes I know they want people to spend and not save. As the thread title says, madness.

.......little to do with Brexit! interest rates have been historically low for years!......Brexit is only a fly in the ointment of what is really going on in the worlds economy!

The economy will always have it's ups and downs ..but we have control of our country again . I would pay £1000 billion for that .

The economy will always have it's ups and downs ..but we have control of our country again . I would pay £1000 billion for that .

good because you might have too.

we are now at the mercy of an international finance system which doesn't give a flying fish for our supposed "freedom"

You think that everything the Tories say is true?

The economy has been dire for a long time. The sums just don't add up.

They don't, the sums are full of borrowed money, the same thing that the pre-Tory government applied to boost the economy, that and immigrants. Good job you voted to Leave, it will make it all better.