The Sun Newspaper

• 8 months later...

McKenzie really is an odious man. He probably blames the people of Liverpool for losing his job as Editor of the Sun after what he wrote all those years ago, and is carrying his resentment.

What he needs to remember is that he only lost his job. Many people lost a great deal more than him at Hillsborough 28 years ago.

McKenzie really is an odious man. He probably blames the people of Liverpool for losing his job as Editor of the Sun after what he wrote all those years ago, and is carrying his resentment.

What he needs to remember is that he only lost his job. Many people lost a great deal more than him at Hillsborough 28 years ago.

There are a whole range of people with a whole range of opinions. The Sun chose to print his. Any fault lies squarely with the newspaper.

You mean there are still some people simple enough to "read" the likes of that paper?:o

Even when I bothered to read newspapers (5+ years ago), I wouldn't even have used that rag as loo-paper.

Correctamundo.

---------- Post added 15-04-2017 at 11:43 ----------

There are a whole range of people with a whole range of opinions. The Sun chose to print his. Any fault lies squarely with the newspaper.

That's a fair point. I'm reminded of the Russell brand/Johnathon rosss thing a few years back. That, and indeed, this odious piece of crap from Mackenzie didn't go out live, an editor looked it over and said "yes, that will be fine".

It is an odious piece of journalism,and calls into question the worth of this 'journalist' if this is the sum total of what he can spend his time coming up with,but given the anniversary of the disaster now here and the timing of this piece,it strikes me as a very 'clever' and underhand piece of work to have a go at Liverpool without directly referring to Hillsboro.

If it is,it's even more demeaning of the Sun and all associated with it.

I can never understand why that and the Daily Mail are the newspapers of choice in works canteens, sandwich shops and pubs etc.

They are so anti working class it is astonishing that working men read them.

I can never understand why that and the Daily Mail are the newspapers of choice in works canteens, sandwich shops and pubs etc.

Because a lot of the population are idiots and there's a market for news for idiots.

I think it's always been the case that those with just their heads above water look down on those beneath them. And certain newspapers play into that. 'Tuppence ha'penny looking down on tuppence.'

There is a real mix between the moralising and the prurient in all newspapers that's unpleasant. I get a sense that The Mail sees its readership as above those of The Sun, and has pretentions to be a genuine mouthpiece for the middle classes - probably what makes it even funnier and absurd than it already is.

I have no illusions about some of the output of the Guardian. Its smugness can grate sometimes....But I'd choose the Guardian over the Sun and Mail.