What next for the anti smoking lobby ?

Smoking tobacco is really harmful.

It is lethal long term and badly affects you short term.

People who smoke are in general less fit and healthy.

Smoking once in a while has some effects, but when in becomes a habit only effect it has is alleviate withdrawal symptoms. So basically it lets you not suffer from not smoking. While being less fit and healthy.

Smoking does not make any sense. Costs on healthcare are substantial.

But people are just too stupid to realize that and smarter people have to ban smoking for you.

Smoke some cannabis if you have to, at least it has some intoxicating effects and you don't have to do it constantly.

---------- Post added 06-08-2016 at 12:28 ----------

Ive yet to meet a smoker who goes out burgling and mugging people to get their fix .

They might not commit crime but deprived of their fix they become really irritable and annoying. This in turn makes other around them more likely to commit assault.

Gambling should be next.

In fact it should have been first.

I'm a libertarian by nature. I don't generally like to ban things we can endure. But organised gambling is an advanced form of theft.

Not only does UK law make gambling too easy, and actively encourage it to a degree, it makes it easy for citizens of states which have far more reasonable gambling laws to gamble online with UK companies.

I don't know why this has happened, the UK is turning into the world's vegas. But it should be reversed as soon as possible.

Its horrible when you go into a shop or walk down the street and someone blows smoke in your face. A disgusting thing that been inside someone else's internal organs.

If you breath in someone else's smoke then by definition you should be able to pee on them. Or fart in their face. :gag:

I would imagine that a good amount of the air that you breathe has just been expelled from someone else's lungs.

In addition it probably carries airborne particulates from a host of other sources such as petrol and diesel fumes,pollens,insects,microbes etc,etc.

If you don't like the smell of tobacco fair enough,but don't try to blame it for all the worlds ills.

That's just stupid.

What happens if you get militant lung cancer and die?

---------- Post added 06-08-2016 at 12:14 ----------

I've yet to meet anyone who admits to speeding, going through red lights, mortgage fraud and black market profiteering but they must be out there.

You must have led a sheltered life then . :)

---------- Post added 06-08-2016 at 16:50 ----------

Smoking tobacco is really harmful.

It is lethal long term and badly affects you short term.

People who smoke are in general less fit and healthy.

Smoking once in a while has some effects, but when in becomes a habit only effect it has is alleviate withdrawal symptoms. So basically it lets you not suffer from not smoking. While being less fit and healthy.

Smoking does not make any sense. Costs on healthcare are substantial.

But people are just too stupid to realize that and smarter people have to ban smoking for you.

Smoke some cannabis if you have to, at least it has some intoxicating effects and you don't have to do it constantly.

---------- Post added 06-08-2016 at 12:28 ----------

They might not commit crime but deprived of their fix they become really irritable and annoying. This in turn makes other around them more likely to commit assault.

Ive heard it all now

Smoking is not a substantial cost on the NHS, the government charge extortionate tax on it, if they don't spend it on NHS then don't blame the smokers!

A pension between the age of 70 and 100 will cost the taxpayer more than £200,000 for each

As I decide to smoke and unlikely to claim this amount, you don't have to thank me.

I didn't see anyone claim that it was a net cost...

I didn't see anyone claim that anyone had claimed that it was a net cost.

Still I suppose you don't technically claim here that anybody did make such a claim.

At some point you're going to have to get used to the fact that people make implications and inferences, and responses occur accordingly. Although I suppose you never suggested otherwise.

Smoking is not a substantial cost on the NHS, the government charge extortionate tax on it, if they don't spend it on NHS then don't blame the smokers!

This is an argument against the implicit point that nobody had made. It's a classic example of strawman tactics.

At some point you'll have to realise that when strawmanning occurs, other people will point it out.

This is an argument against the implicit point that nobody had made. It's a classic example of strawman tactics.

At some point you'll have to realise that when strawmanning occurs, other people will point it out.

He didn't say that anybody had said it was a net cost to the NHS.