State schooling Vs religious schooling.

House prices do tend to go up where there is a catchment area for a good school. People do buy houses on the basis of what school their kid will go to.

But thats not to say there are not good schools in less well off areas.

Plus I do think parents have a big input too. Achieving at school is not all down to the school alone.

I know a boy who achieved 13 GCSEs at firvale school and firvale is considered a ghetto area= http://www.burngreavemessenger.org/archives/2008/december-2008-issue-79/dear-messenger/well-done-kyle/

So mhc for good schools in good areas eh!

Well done to him I think I only did 9 GCSEs.

But not that I want to pee on his parade but it did say he was gifted and talented and his mum was especially proud of his two Bs in Maths and English.

Maybe its me but would it have been better to do less GCSEs and get As instead?

Then again it also says he got A to Cs. So maybe he got As in what would some would deem less academic subjects.

You tend to find that faith schools are full of children who's parents want them to go there and so support the school which in turn attracts teachers who want to teach there. A normal school can sometimes be a dumping ground for both children who don't want to be there and teachers who shouldn't be there .

Sorry to say it, but a good Catholic school will almost certainly be better than the average Comp.

In what subject.....Theory of evolution by any chance? Seeing as science keeps proving that you are wrong and the comic books just look more ridiculous as time moves on.

When the comic book readers show me how the person who runs their universe shows me how they have helped the many victims of world tragedies I have seen in my lifetime, you may never know, I might become as vulnerable as you.....but I seriously doubt it!

Sorry to say it, but a good Catholic school will almost certainly be better than the average Comp.

You don't send your children to a comp out of choice. I wouldn't send my children to a religous school either. You get them prepared for the 11+ and send them to a grammer school or an independent if you want the best for their educational needs.

I mean independent (or private as people may prefer). The post I was quoting suggested putting them in state control which would take away the point entirely.

Equally, we should remove state funding for independent schools. They are currently subsidised to the tune of £800 000 000 per year. For that sort of outlay, the state should get plenty of control over them.

Equally, we should remove state funding for independent schools. They are currently subsidised to the tune of £800 000 000 per year. For that sort of outlay, the state should get plenty of control over them.

Talking rubbish again. How many times do you need to regurgitate this drivel? Independent schools are registered charities because they are non profit organisations. Also independent schools can't claim back VAT unlike academies.

So your statement that the government hands them £800m a year is untrue in every sense.

Talking rubbish again. How many times do you need to regurgitate this drivel? Independent schools are registered charities because they are non profit organisations. Also independent schools can't claim back VAT unlike academies.

So your statement that the government hands them £800m a year is untrue in every sense.

My statement is absolutely true. Independent schools receive £800m of tax relief every year.

Even Michael Wilshaw thinks that they should be doing much more if they want to retain this grotesquely huge perk.

When the comic book readers show me how the person who runs their universe shows me how they have helped the many victims of world tragedies I have seen in my lifetime, you may never know, I might become as vulnerable as you.....but I seriously doubt it!

Maybe the "Comic Book" readers and the person that runs the universe can show you how to string a sentence together.......but I seriously doubt it.