The Retreat Cafe, Ecclesall Road

yes chris did have a brother terry, didnt know him too well.

Was the late 60s

Hi thai, I didn't know Chris - just guessed from the surname. Terry used to knock about with us quite a lot and would have frequented the Retreat. It would seem that we moved in shortly after you lot moved out. Can you recall who ran it? I seem to think his name was John, but no idea about his surname. Think he may have lived near the Vine on Cemetery Road. Did go to his house a few times but it was a long time ago.

By the way, my name is John Oakley. What is your surname?

Cheers, Jass

Hi jass my name was Kelly back then, the person who i remember owning it back then was Terry, he couldnt be bothered to be there either so most nights Jackie ran for him .

Hi thai,

Seems we didn't run into each other down there but interesting that we both knew the Mulcrone's. Good times with some great guys though eh? Nice talking to you.

Take care, Jass

I grew up at Hunters Bar (Brocco Bank) but moved to Nether Edge when I was 16. This is where I was living when I used to go to the Retreat. What about you?

Cheers, Jass

Archived