Judge takes down racist idiot

Good for her.

Unfortunately she will probably be made an example of in case the human rights brigade or liberals make a meal out of a judge actually daring to speak their minds.

As a lawyer myself I am not by any means wanting a world where Judges can do what they want, but sometimes I do believe more of them should be able to speak a bit more freely. Protocol often gets in the way and quite frankly unnecessarilly draws out and complicates what should be relatively simple matters.

I would say that Judges in America do seem to have more feedom to be just a bit more human. Im not talking about the TV Judge Judy style nonsense of course but in real courtrooms.

I remember the famous youtube clip of a video-link criminal court session where some rich dizzy blonde celeb was banged up in drug court, the judge made some routine decision, she stuck the finger up so he hauled her back and upped her bail fee. She then walked off swearing so he hauled her back again and upped it twice. She then continued to make wisecrack remarks in a sarky accent so he hauled her back a third time and changed her sentence to a xxx day stint in jail.

I doubt that would ever happen here because they would be far too restricted by the Judiciary guidelines, sentencing protocols, appeals system and precedent to dare steer away from the norm.

Sometimes we have to remember they are humans like the rest of us. They sit behind that desk day after day dealing with the dregs of society being disrespectful, hurling abuse and then get mauled in the press every time they pass a sentence which some uneducated ill informed journalist decides is too light.

No wonder they let their masks slip every now and then.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Good for her.

Unfortunately she will probably be made an example of in case the human rights brigade or liberals make a meal out of a judge actually daring to speak their minds.

As a lawyer myself I am not by any means wanting a world where Judges can do what they want, but sometimes I do believe more of them should be able to speak a bit more freely. Protocol often gets in the way and quite frankly unnecessarilly draws out and complicates what should be relatively simple matters.

I would say that Judges in America do seem to have more feedom to be just a bit more human. Im not talking about the TV Judge Judy style nonsense of course but in real courtrooms.

I remember the famous youtube clip of a video-link criminal court session where some rich dizzy blonde celeb was banged up in drug court, the judge made some routine decision, she stuck the finger up so he hauled her back and upped her bail fee. She then walked off swearing so he hauled her back again and upped it twice. She then continued to make wisecrack remarks in a sarky accent so he hauled her back a third time and changed her sentence to a xxx day stint in jail.

I doubt that would ever happen here because they would be far too restricted by the Judiciary guidelines, sentencing protocols, appeals system and precedent to dare steer away from the norm.

Sometimes we have to remember they are humans like the rest of us. They sit behind that desk day after day dealing with the dregs of society being disrespectful, hurling abuse and then get mauled in the press every time they pass a sentence which some uneducated ill informed journalist decides is too light.

I was amused by this too. How can they make an example of the Judge though? The lil Nazi's outburst and her retort was after she had passed sentence. So it didn't influence it.

Good for her.

And I believe they are quite well paid for their day behind a desk, yes?.

Angel1

Yes.....and? They are still allowed to be human and they dont get paid (whatever salary) to be spoken to like a piece of filth by some yobbish serial criminal.

Neither does that pay open them up to intense and sometimes personal criticism by some ill informed and unqualified <removed> who thinks they know their field better than them.

Like Senior Doctors, Accademic Principals and Chief Engineers and High Rank Officials they get paid for their skills, qualifications, experience and knowledge.

Edited by nikki-red

It shows they are human, and provides a mildly entertaining insight into their own character.

Obviously it shouldn't be a routine thing and she needs to be investigated but no better person to be on the receiving end than a racist piece of scum.