Sheffield-highest unemployment amongst ethnics

whats peoples views on why sheffield ethnics are 1 in 4 unemployed?

What are the reasons why?

Lack of skills, qualifications, Discrimination?

Back in 2006 I for a lorry driving job once after newly passing my lorry test and was told at interview that being newly qualified went against me and didn't end up getting the job.

Two weeks later a non ethnic guy on my course who passed his lorry course one week after me went for a job at the same place and ended up getting it.

The place is now closed down but was called Severnside recycling on Carlisle street.

What do you think the reasons are?

Lack of skills, qualifications, Discrimination?

Back in 2006 I for a lorry driving job once after newly passing my lorry test and was told at interview that being newly qualified went against me and didn't end up getting the job.

Two weeks later a non ethnic guy on my course who passed his lorry course one week after me went for a job at the same place and ended up getting it.

The place is now closed down but was called Severnside recycling on Carlisle street.

What do you think the reasons are?

He interviewed better than you.

It was all over the BBC & Look North last night - 1 in 4 BME are unemployed against a UK average of 9%.

Cheers for that.

---------- Post added 12-08-2016 at 21:18 ----------

If an employer picks a person over a lets say a muslim because they wont be having different holidays because of their faith is this wrong as a business has got to be ran to make a profit and carry on in business

Cheers for that.

---------- Post added 12-08-2016 at 21:18 ----------

If an employer picks a person over a lets say a muslim because they wont be having different holidays because of their faith is this wrong as a business has got to be ran to make a profit and carry on in business

I,'ve had ethnic workers from agencies and they would not work more than 2 days,you won't offer people like that permanent employment.