Sheffield majorettes/marching bands

• 1 year later...
I agree - the Jordanaires was the most famous band in Sheffield years ago. Everyone knew someone who was in it at the time. They did all the parades and galas, and especially the Lord Mayor's parade many times. They even went to Bochum in Germany representing Sheffield as far as I'm aware. Were any forummers in it?

Hi Shelby - I was in the Jordanaires - absolutely loved every second of it - practice on Monday & Thursday nights - either compete at the weekends (which we more often than not won!) or played at The Owls before and at half time or other shows/parades etc - good times

Just read your link back in 2006, I was also in the Manor Majorettes, my friends Aunt and uncle started it up, with some other friends of theirs, and it soon took off, they then changed the name to the Manor militaires.

I remember having to go upto Standhouse school each week to practice in our black and white uniforms, and those large hats.

I left early 80's, when it was still the millitares.

I was also in Manor Militaires as was my brother. It was my Dad, Auntie & Uncle who were the main people and they had lots of helpers to run it. My uncle use to drive the coach as well when we went to competitions and shows. We use to practice in Standhouse school but also at St Swithons church on fridays.

We use to do lord mayors parade then went on to do lots more parades and shows we also did football grounds which was really good apart from Sheff Wed who wouldnt let us on thier pitch (mardy arses) still are hee hee up the Blades.