Streetlights wastefully on around Nether Edge

Does anyone know why the street lights have been on constantly 24 hourse in certain roads the last few weeks such as Montgomery Road and Sheldon Rd, is it something to do with them being upgraded to the new low energy lights or will they ?

Must be using a lot of electric - hope its not driving up my COuncil Tax yet again :-(

:roll:

Will be to do with checks for upgrades or a fault with the switch so there set to on rather than off. As far as cost the council pay per light so it doesnt matter if its on 10 minutes or 24 hours a day the cost is the same

Conservation areas only ?

well thats a new one on me I didnt know that no-one paid for the electricity to power street lamps !!

The bill is paid but its agreed on an annual tariff based on average hours of darkness over a year ,taking into account summer and winter nights etc ,something like 4000+ hours a year at agreed costs per lamp size