Family to be deported from Sheffield

I watched the local news and there is a family that are going to be deported as they were in Poland before they came here. They have been told by the Home Office that they should have claimed asylum in Poland so they are going to be deported in two weeks. How come they are not saying this to all the people queuing up at Calais and telling them they can't come and should claim asylum in France?

They should claim asylum in first country in EU.

So they should be deported from France too. But no one wants to tackle this.

European commission is quite willing to create pan-European police/border agency accountable to commission itself to handle that problem.

European commission is quite willing to create pan-European police/border agency accountable to commission itself to handle that problem.

Do you think the likes of Greece and Italy, who take the brunt on immigrants landing on their shore, are likely to sign up for that?

You are talking about refugees not asylum seekers. Refugees are supposed to claim asylum in the first safe country they reach.

However, Italy got fed up of receiving no help with Mare Nostrum and its successor and threatened to let refugees leave Italy if they wanted to.

You are talking about refugees not asylum seekers. Refugees are supposed to claim asylum in the first safe country they reach.

However, Italy got fed up of receiving no help with Mare Nostrum and its successor and threatened to let refugees leave Italy if they wanted to.

Whatever you want to call them it applies to this family who are effectively economic migrants from Poland.

Whatever you want to call them it applies to this family who are effectively economic migrants from Poland.

Whatever I want to call them?

I'm merely pointing out that refugees are supposed to claim asylum in the first safe country they reach.

I'm sure you are delighted to learn their MP and City of Sanctuary are appealing the decision to deport.

Havent you got that the wrong way round?

Asulum seekers are people who claim asylum whose refugee status is undetermined.

A refugee is a person whose asylum claim has been accepted.

Havent you got that the wrong way round?

Asulum seekers are people who claim asylum whose refugee status is undetermined.

A refugee is a person whose asylum claim has been accepted.

I don't think so....

If you are a true refugee you would be happy in the first safe country you hit.

If you continue on to another country afterwards surely you become an economic migrant. What most people think of when they say asylum seeker (erroneously).

I don't think so....

If you are a true refugee you would be happy in the first safe country you hit.

If you continue on to another country afterwards surely you become an economic migrant. What most people think of when they say asylum seeker (erroneously).

Really? Have you thought that through at all?