Paypal question

i have had my paypal account a few years now and have ordred lots of stuff from ebay and other online sites every single item i have ever purchased money has always come straight out of my bank account i have with paypal

as i dont keep money in my paypal account itself it goes from my bank the min i place a order ect..

in the last 2 days i have made a purchase online of 100 pounds and another purchase today nothing as left my bank account at all but checking my paypal account statement it says both purchases are complete ??

cant understand how i can have the money in bank any help?

i have had my paypal account a few years now and have ordred lots of stuff from ebay and other online sites every single item i have ever purchased money has always come straight out of my bank account i have with paypal

as i dont keep money in my paypal account itself it goes from my bank the min i place a order ect..

in the last 2 days i have made a purchase online of 100 pounds and another purchase today nothing as left my bank account at all but checking my paypal account statement it says both purchases are complete ??

cant understand how i can have the money in bank any help?

My PayPal account did the same. It switched to payment on delivery by itself or without my realising I'd done it. The money has left my bank account sometimes more than a week after my item arrives.

I haven't received negative feedback for late payment. So I assume PayPal pays up front then deducts it from your account later.

Always been instant payment straight from my bank how do I check if it's setup to take direct debit if it is I don't no how as I haven't set it up

---------- Post added 18-08-2016 at 14:36 ----------

looking on my online banking no direct debit is setup for paypal

how do i check if its switched by itself to payment on delivery

thats seems a little strange tho whos to say the money would be there in bank after i have got my item its would be like paypal lending you the money

Always been instant payment straight from my bank how do I check if it's setup to take direct debit if it is I don't no how as I haven't set it up

---------- Post added 18-08-2016 at 14:36 ----------

looking on my online banking no direct debit is setup for paypal

how do i check if its switched by itself to payment on delivery

thats seems a little strange tho whos to say the money would be there in bank after i have got my item its would be like paypal lending you the money

Log into PayPal proper (as in, not through eBay) and have a look at your account settings. I'm guessing that's what it has done. It is like PayPal lending you the money yeah, but that's certainly what happened to my settings.

I get an email saying something along the lines of 'don't forget, PayPal will be taking your payment in the next 72 (IIRC) hours.' Last time that happened to me it was an iPhone case I'd bought and I read the email from PayPal on my phone in its nice new case :)

check tomorrow if paypal has said its been sucsessful they will have checked your bank seen you have anough to cover the cost and authorise the payment that will be deducted later. check your pending transactions some times they take pennies/a pound to secure the transaction a bit like asda do with online shopping then take the money out when the seller accepts your Order. may take a few days happened to me a few times

If the buyer doesn't accept the payment then it doesn't go through.

I had one the same recently sat in my account for three days,showed as paid on ebay,then ebay advised that the third party was dodgy.

As i had cancelled the transaction they credited it instantly.

Mine is paid directly from a debit card as it appears that the op's is - not a dd from an account.

If the buyer doesn't accept the payment then it doesn't go through.

I had one the same recently sat in my account for three days,showed as paid on ebay,then ebay advised that the third party was dodgy.

As i had cancelled the transaction they credited it instantly.

Mine is paid directly from a debit card as it appears that the op's is - not a dd from an account.

I had that once. I'd paid (I always pay immediately on eBay), but a week and a half later the seller said she hadn't received it, and refused to accept that it was her problem (she never claimed my money, could be her email address was wrong, I told her to check it)

I think she was just lying and didn't want to sell the item at the starting price (no one else had bid).

I just got a refund through eBay. Never had any problems before or since, and I've bought and sold quite a few things on eBay.