Double glazed window fail

A double glazed window was installed May 2011.

In June this year it had condensation inside.

I was not given or told of a guarantee.

The builder says this is what happens - a window could go after a year.

He has not offered to replace it.

Granma.

Granma.

The seals can fail but that's way too quick.

Granma.

That's far too quick for a sealed glass unit to fail if it was one year there should be no question to replace it at no cost to yourself, five years suggests faulty material used in manufacture I know it's risky but challenge the builder to take out the sealed unit and look all way round the edge, the unit should have been sealed at manufacture it should be a vacuum inside if the black tape is “ lifting “ condensation will get in, if he is the original builder who installed your windows ask where he got your new windows from and challenge them about it, mine have been in for twenty years and only the bathroom one has failed where the seal had perished on one side but my guarantee was for ten years and to replace the glass unit I paid £80 including labour. He may be reluctant to take out the glass unit because if it was a tight fit there is a chance the unit will shatter as some manufactures use plain glass not toughened glass unit’s to cut cost’s look for the “ kite “ mark on the glass to make sure it’s be manufactured to British standards, I worked for a window company for a while in the early ninety’s not on manufacturing but you soon learn the tricks of the trade a standard bathroom window would cost £90 to make including glass and window catch so you can guess what the mark up is if you have bought some new window’s. :(