Lamb Drive PX is it nice?

A friend is considering moving into the Sheffield area and has the chance of a property on Lamb Drive, Parson Cross.

Does anyone have any inside knowledge to share on this area (good/bad?)

PLEASE don't bother if you are just going to slag off Parson Cross, everyone has seen that all before!

Just personal insight/experiences please.

Thanks

Crosser

https://www.police.uk/south-yorkshire/KA3/crime/

This is a handy tool to check out neighbourhood street by street.

Thanks Orzel, we've already done all that, but statistics are just numbers on the net.

We'd like to know how the neighbourhood is like at a personal level, rather than how much crime there is.

For instance, where my friend lives now has a smaller occurence of most crimes, however the population is proportionately less dense, so the figures work out very similar after taking that into account.

I have a friend on Lamb Drive and it is ok. A dead end road so no through traffic, near the bottom of Cookson Rd and the park so low surrounding population.

The local drug dealer has long since moved and a troublesome lad has since passed away. No one he moans about now for the last few years.

Quite a few home owners too on the drive.

There is a community bus that stops at the end of the road and a few minutes walk to buses on Herties Road and Wordsworth Avenue.

The bad thing is there is no nearby shop. The nearest being Wadsley Bridge near the White Horse pub and it is quite a hill is Cookson Rd. The community bus will be ok for that and is convenient for Kilner Way and Sainsbury's.

The nearby park is good if you have a dog.

I have a friend on Lamb Drive and it is ok. A dead end road so no through traffic, near the bottom of Cookson Rd and the park so low surrounding population.

The local drug dealer has long since moved and a troublesome lad has since passed away. No one he moans about now for the last few years.

There is a community bus that stops at the end of the road and a few minutes walk to buses on Herties Road and Wordsworth Avenue.

The bad thing is there is no nearby shop. The nearest being Wadsley Bridge near the White Horse pub and it is quite a hill is Cookson Rd. The community bus will be ok for that and is convenient for Kilner Way and Sainsbury's.

Thank you for that GerryBooth, much appreciated, I'll pass it on to my friend.

Cheers

I have employees and relatives on px. What is it with people slagging px off? It is a large council estate but people on SF make it sound like a no go area.

I know of no trouble on the estate it is certainly safe to walk through. You will have the usual rough council tenants but you will get them on any council estate.

I have a lad working for me who lives on Woodyhorpe. Woodthorpe appears to be a nice estate but unlucky for him he is on a road of druggies. No end of trouble.

One of the worst estates I have worked on for theft is the Arbourthorne. You need an empty van on there, they will take anything.

I have employees and relatives on px. What is it with people slagging px off? It is a large council estate but people on SF make it sound like a no go area.

I know of no trouble on the estate it is certainly safe to walk through. You will have the usual rough council tenants but you will get them on any council estate.

I have a lad working for me who lives on Woodyhorpe. Woodthorpe appears to be a nice estate but unlucky for him he is on a road of druggies. No end of trouble.

One of the worst estates I have worked on for theft is the Arbourthorne. You need an empty van on there, they will take anything.

My bold=

You moan about people slagging px off yet in the next paragraph you yourself are slagging off/stereotyping council tenants.

https://www.police.uk/south-yorkshire/KA3/crime/

This is a handy tool to check out neighbourhood street by street.

No it isnt.

---------- Post added 23-08-2016 at 02:10 ----------

You mean one of the local drug dealers.

---------- Post added 23-08-2016 at 02:11 ----------

My bold=

You moan about people slagging px off yet in the next paragraph you yourself are slagging off/stereotyping council tenants.

Wind yer neck in, he has a point.