Your memories of Josephine's Nightclub.

I went past Scamps etc yesterday on the bus, it was really sad to see everything looking dead. Though it was Club Uropa when I knew it I think it was Scamps before that. What was the name of the bar in the middle, people call it Hofbrau from the 70s but I went in about 1990 and can't remember what it was called.

I went past Scamps etc yesterday on the bus, it was really sad to see everything looking dead. Though it was Club Uropa when I knew it I think it was Scamps before that. What was the name of the bar in the middle, people call it Hofbrau from the 70s but I went in about 1990 and can't remember what it was called.

Berlins.........

I used to frequent Josies in the early 90's my memories are:

The massive queue snaking up the steps from Barkers Pool and certain groups (somehow) walking straight to the front and getting in (with a bit of abuse to go with it).

The strict once over you got from the bouncers when you finally got to the hallowed door and the relief when you were alowed in, the tiny pay "kiosk", the mirrored corridor leading to the actual club.

Up to the cocktail bar for a few drinks first to check out who was in the queue. Then stand next to Mitch's DJ box to see who was who on the dancefloor, some regular faces every week.

Ok the music was a bit naff and some of the clientele were posers but it was always a good night, saw many an ex Owls player in there and Vinnie Jones, Shaun Bean etc.

Remember the pint glasses with handles and the female bar staff in fishnets :hihi:

Met a great girl in there one night in '93 had a relationship that didnt work out but have fond memories of Nicola Jackson, wonder what hapened to her??

Josies was very much a love/hate club but I had some good times in there.

• 1 month later...
I remember dave growns very well and rod johnson,dave went on to manage a club in rotherham always wore a white jacket,i also remember robbie and his girlfriend carol .

I remember the VIP night once a year what a night that was john the chef was brilliant.

i also went to ascot a few times with josies champers whole salmon the works no expense spared all paid for by dave allen i think josephines was the best club in sheffield in its hey day:thumbsup:

anyone know what happened to john the chef?

• 2 years later...

So happy to find this forum! I studied in Sheffield from 1996-1998. Our "Josephine Night" was like 2/3 times a week.

I still remember the bald head bouncer who always let us in without cover charge.

There was this one night, he wasn't there and the new bouncer stopped us when we casually walked in. I looked at him and said, "But we never pay. You must be new."

He let out a grunt, still not letting us in. I was about to take out my wallet when the coat check-in lady interjected, "Yeah, they never pay." So he let us in. :hihi:

Good old days. :)

I never knew that Big Jim (the giant doorman) was called Moran, until I read it on here, I googled him and this is him (although he looked a lot smarter in that big velvet jacket he wore on the door of Joesphines!), he was a really nice bloke, although no doubt if you messed about, it would be a different story!

http://wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=bios&wrestler=8186

I never knew that Big Jim (the giant doorman) was called Moran, until I read it on here, I googled him and this is him (although he looked a lot smarter in that big velvet jacket he wore on the door of Joesphines!), he was a really nice bloke, although no doubt if you messed about, it would be a different story!

http://wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=bios&wrestler=8186

He sure was a nice and fair guy. I remember him well from the mid 80s and his smart velvet jacket (not sure if it were black, or purple??)