Bad driving on estate.

We have recently moved onto a new housing estate, it's a large new build development and houses are still being built. We have had a couple of issues with idiots treating it as though it's their own personal race track. There are two cars in particular and we have the reg numbers etc that must hit 40 mph on this built up estate with children playing etc. I want to report this but feel that nothing will get done as I have reported something similar in the past and absolutely nothing happened.

Does anyone have any experience of how to report this and the out come?

I wouldn't normally bother but it's a matter of time until they kill someone the way they drive on a narrow road of a housing estate.

The worst bit about it is they are both old enough to know better (We have seen them and both look to be mid 30's).

As the estate is being built have they not considered speed bumps and stuff?

Not sure, the roads have not been properly surfaced yet. I am hoping they do put them in.

---------- Post added 22-08-2016 at 17:09 ----------

Just ring 101, it will take you ten minutes. Even if you feel nothing happens, if enough people in the area do it than the police will react.

Yeah will do, suppose I can't complain if I have not given them a chance to do anything with it. We have the reg plates of the main offenders so can report.

Our estate is 20mph, and you can't really go much faster with all the cars parked on the road, which limit visibility and reduce the road to single file in places. It doesn't stop people trying to speed through though.

That's the problem Isabelle, cars double parked on a narrow road, kids playing but yet they still seem to want to test the 0-62mph on a small stretch of road and I don't know if it's because I am getting old but it infuriates me. I don't want to approach the owners because I feel so angry at the time and I don't want to lose my rag. :rant::rant:

Report it via 101, each time you see it happening. Even if the police don't want to bother, they'll react, if only to shut you up. But I think they will want to act.

It will mark the cards of the offenders. With luck it will change their attitude when driving around the estate. Even if it doesn't, if or when they do cause damage, it may act as an aggravating aspect to any subsequent punishment. Better than nothing.

Edited by Eater Sundae

How many people have to wait 10 mins and report before they 'react'?

:confused:

What reaction are people expecting?

Unless they catch them at it, they don't have enough evidence to actually prosecute. So the best you can hope for is that they have a word...